50

"How did it go?" Aya asked as Elvira walked into her lab, where Ash, Ekko, Viktor, and Aya were waiting for Elvira to return from her meeting with the council. 

Elvira walked past them, straight over to her bar, grabbed a bottle of the strongest booze she had, and took a huge mouthful before sitting down. "How do you think it went. They did not take me seriously at all," she said.

"Not even Jayce?" Aya asked, and Elvira shook her head. "No, not even Jayce. I even showed my real face, without the glamour, and even though he did feel like shit for almost killing me, he did not take me seriously at all," Elvira explained.

"Well that makes things easier, no need to hold back anymore," Ekko said as he pushed off the wall, heading for the door. "Wait, where are you going?" Elvira yelled after him. "I'm going to spread the news. If Piltover does not want to fucking take responsibility for all the lives they have either ruined or taken, then I do not care anymore," he said.

"There are innocent children there Ekko, they did nothing wrong to us, if you attack Piltover, children are going to die!" Elvira pleaded. "Children have already died Elvira, children of Zaun! Or are they not as important to you?"

"Ekko stop it! You know damn well I care for all people of Zaun! Do you think I've spent so much time and energy on running this med lab for fun?" she asked him. "No, I'm not sure of your intentions, because you switch sides all the time! One second you're protecting Zaun, the next you're warning Piltover about us attacking. You're healing Zaunites one moment, then you're going on vacation for over a year the next!" 

"Enough!" Elvira yelled as she used her magic to root Ekko to the ground, preventing him from moving as she walked over to him, getting up in his face.

"You do not get to tell me that I am not loyal to Zaun! I risked my health to help Zaun! I drained my own life force to clean the air and heal the people," Elvira yelled, reacting strongly to Ekko's comment. The others in the room just sat still as a mouse, watching the scene unfold, too scared to interfere. 

"I had to go to Ionia because my heart was failing, and you know that damn well! And I hated every second of it, because all I could think of, was leaving you all behind. Leaving you, Jinx, Viktor, Jayce, Aya, everyone! So don't you dare!" 

"And when I got back, my heart was so weak it stopped, and when I got the mechanical one, I lost my magic! And I had to sit by and watch people die in front of me, that I could have saved, had I only had my magic!" Ekko flinched slightly at her words, regretting what he had said.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that," he tried to say, but Elvira didn't hear him. There was a ringing in her ears, from her frustration. "The difference between us, Ekko, is that I want peace. I do not want Zaun to fight Piltover, and I do not want Piltover to fight Zaun. That's why I wanted to do all I could to try and solve things without shedding blood. But now I have tried, and it didn't work. So go ahead. I don't care anymore," she said before dropping her magic, allowing Ekko to move again, before she walked out of the room, shutting the door forcefully behind her. 

Elvira walked into her office, and sat down at her chair, taking a deep breath before letting out the loudest scream she could, letting all her frustration, grief, and anger out in one go. Her scream caused her magic to let out a small wave of energy, sending the papers on her desk flying around the room, and the chair opposite her desk flew towards the wall hitting it with a small thud.

After she had a moment to calm down, there was a weak knock on her door, before Aya carefully made her way inside. "I'm sorry this is all happening," she said while dragging the chair that hit the wall back to its place in front of the desk, and sitting down.

"No, it's not your fault," Elvira said while rubbing her temples. "I just hate that this is all happening," she added.

"I know, I do too. We all do," Aya said. Aya looked around the messy room for a second before leaning towards the desk, grabbing Elvira's hands. "Listen to me. I need to head back to Pitlover now, but I will talk with Jayce. I will try one more time to talk some sense into him, and if that doesn't work, then there is nothing more we can do."

"You're wasting your time trying, but I appreciate it," Elvira smiled weakly at Aya. "Besides, I think this revolution would be a good thing," Aya added, getting Elvira's full attention. "What?"

"I mean, Zaun has been treated like shit by Piltover since forever. The people need a way to take back their power. Maybe if I can't convince Jayce to do something about the coming war, then perhaps I could at least convince him to evacuate the innocent from the areas that are most likely to get attacked," she explained.

"You should just do that right away, and not bother talking to him about it," Elvira argued, but Aya shook her head. "No, I have to try to. I need to do my part, and this is it," she said determinedly before leaning back in her chair. "I just hope he won't kick me out of the academy for treason," she laughed.

"If that happens, I will personally break into his lab and burn all his research," Elvira deadpanned. "Passive aggression, I like it," Aya said before they both burst out laughing. 

"I hope things go well. I really did miss you all those years," Aya then said. "I missed you too," Elvira said before she stood up and walked over to Aya, pulling her up from the chair and into an embrace. 

"Be careful, ok? And if something bad happens, please for the love of God, come here. You'll always be welcome here, and you'll be safe. You're part of the family now," Elvira said before pulling away from the hug. 

"I will," Aya smiled before she headed towards the door. "See you!" Aya said before she left.