25

A/N: I know I've been slow on updating, and I am so sorry for that! I have been very burned out lately, and have been struggling to sit down and write, but I'm trying to get back into it! Thank you for your patience with me, and I promise the plot is gonna get much more exciting from now! 

As an apology for my lack of writing, here you have a long chapter <3

Elvira stood in her room, looking at her ceremonial gown that was lying on her bed, waiting for her to put it on. It was the middle of the spirit blossom festival, and it wasn't long until her spirit walk was to begin, and she was scared. She had been preparing for this for months, and she knew what to expect, but it still scared her. She didn't know what she would see, and the unknown had always made her uneasy. 

"Do you need help getting into the gown?" Sol asked as she peeked her head inside the room, causing Elvira to look up from her dress. Sol was wearing a ceremonial gown as well, but a little different than what Elvira was wearing. 

"If it's not too much trouble," Elvira said, not wanting to bother Sol if she were busy with other things. "No not at all," she smiled before entering the room, dragging her hand along the embroidery on the gown. "You did really good with this," she complimented Elvira, who had started loosening the strings on her nightgown. "Thank you."

She pulled the gown over her head, leaving her skin bare to the bitter cold air. Sol lifted the gown from the bed, and held it up si Elvira could crawl underneath it, and Sol helped her get the gown on properly. She started tying the strings of the corset of the gown, while Elvira ran her brush through her hair, getting rid of the knots that had formed during the night. "How are you feeling?" Sol asked as her fingers worked diligently looping the strings through the eyelets on the back of the dress. 

"Nervous," Elvira admitted, feeling a lump form in her stomach as the realization hit her that she would be spirit walking in a very short time. "You shouldn't worry too much, it almost feels like your home," Sol explained, making Elvira confused. "Home?" "It's hard to explain. But trust me, there is nothing to be nervous about," Sol gave her a reassuring smile as she tied the ends of the strings in a bow. 

She then signaled for Elvira to sit down on the little chair she had in her room before she started braiding her hair. "I just don't know what I'll see, and I'm scared it will show me something I don't wanna see," Elvira admitted and Sol chuckled. 

"I heard something about your soul being in love, is that what you're referring to?" she smiled as she saw Elvira look flustered at the thought. "I don't have time for love, so it doesn't matter if they show me something like that. I am a busy inventor, and I only have love for that," she said and apologized when she realized she might have sounded a bit harsh. 

"Yeah, whatever you say," Sol sarcastically said, before she finished braiding the hair, and pulled the hood of the gown over Elvira's head. "You're ready to go, do you want me to walk you there?" Sol smiled, and Elvira nodded. 

They made their way outside, and Elvira was lost in her surroundings, the forest not looking as dark and somber as it did when she had just arrived there a year ago. The trees were a mix of pink and white, and the glowing flowers had spread like wildfire, lighting up the entire forest in a soft, warm glow. 

The path to the pond was lined with candles so that the people who were visiting the pond didn't get lost in the forest. Elvira walked the path, careful to keep the skirt of her gown away from the candles. People from the Placidium were standing along the path, saying prayers and wishes to the spirits of the forest, and wishing the people who were doing their spirit walk well on their journey. 

Elvira reached the water sooner than she liked, now standing in front of the pond, along with the others who were going on their own journey. Elv stood in the pond, with water reaching up to her hips, and she was wearing a white soft dress, that looked like it merged with the water.