23

"Dyeda!" Xander's voice filled the entire room where Akali and Elvira were standing. They had been told that Xander and the rest of the resistance medics were staying at an inn close to the market. 

They had decided to speak with Xander first and explore the Placidium after. And Elvira did not regret that decision when she felt her father's strong and warm embrace. "I missed you fa'ir," Elvira smiled as she hugged her father. She was used to not seeing him as often, but she always missed him, and she always got a little emotional when they saw each other. 

"How are you feeling? I got a letter from Jayce explaining your situation, but I'd rather hear it from you," he spoke as they all took a seat at one of the tables. Elvira went on to explain everything to her father, getting tired of retelling her story to everyone she met.

"Please don't be so hard on Jayce," her father said after she was done. "I know you think it's annoying, and I would have been a little annoyed too if I were you. But you have to understand that it's all coming from a place of love and care," he went on, and Elvira knew he was right, and she had known since day one that Jayce only tried to help. "But he keeps pushing even though I tell him to leave it be," Elvira complained, and her father gave her a look. 

"Like you've been doing when Aya overworks herself?" Elvira sighed at his words. "It's not the same," she argued, but again, she knew he was right. "But it just makes me feel more stressed when he's pushing me," Elvira said. "I never said what he was doing was right, I'm just telling you to see it from his view before you yell at him."

"I know," Elvira looked down at her hands, feeling embarrassed and ashamed. "How are your inventions coming along?" he then asked, switching the conversation to something more positive. 

"Oh, they're so close to done! I've been placing air purifiers around in Zaun to test them out, and so far they're working well! I'm still trying to get the water purifiers to work too, but so far I've been unsuccessful." "That's good to hear," her father smiled warmly, and they went on to talk about all sorts of stuff, Akali often offering to give them time to catch up in private, but both Elvira and Xander insisting that she stay, as they both viewed her as a part of the family. 

"I heard you're going to visit the flower vastaya?" Xander said after an hour of talking. "We are."

"They know you're coming, they are waiting for you. I better not hold you here any longer," Xander smiled warmly at both Akali and Elvira before standing up from his seat. "I'll see you soon, you both know where to find me," he nodded before leaving them. 

"They know I'm coming?" Elvira asked Akali, who only shrugged. "Guess they saw it," she answered, which only left Elvira with more questions. But she decided not to ask, since they were heading over to meet them now anyway, so she could hopefully ask the flower vastaya directly. 

They left the inn and walked to the end of the streets, and the beginning of the beautiful gardens and forests of the Placidium. There were tall and thick trees marking the beginning of the forests, and Elvira was amazed by the look of it. The strong trees looked fierce and sturdy, and they felt just as strong as they looked.

They walked into the forest, following a bath of silvery gravel deeper and deeper into the thick and dark woods. The air got colder and moister the deeper they went, and the trees got thicker and the sunlight dimmed more and more. After walking for 15 minutes, the only thing lighting their path was the glowing lilies lined along the path.

They eventually reached a huge tree, its roots growing in all directions above the ground, also covered by glowing lilies. "I've been expecting you both," someone spoke from the darkness, and Elvira jumped in surprise. "Don't be alarmed, I am Elv, the spiritual priestess of the flower vastaya," a tiny woman walked closer to them, now illuminated by the lilies. 

Her long blond hair fell down the back, adorned by a crown made from pink flower petals. Her skin was pale and covered with the same pink petals as her crown was made from. "How did you know I was coming?" Elvira asked the woman, amazed by the existence of the flower vastaya. She had never heard of them before.

"The spirits spoke to me of course, and they are eager to speak with you. To guide you to your true path," Elv smiled before holding out her hand, signaling for Elvira and Akali to follow her. She led them to the bottom of the huge tree, where there was a hole big enough for a person to fit through, and they each squeezed through the opening, one at a time. 

When Elvira was through the tree, she was shocked to see the inside was much bigger than it seemed from the outside, and it was beautiful. The walls were covered with roots and vines and softly illuminated by glowing flora and fireflies swerving around the space. 

"Wow," Elvira breathed out as she took everything in. "Akali!" another female voice squeaked from somewhere in the room, and Akali was soon tackled into a hug by another flower vastaya. "Sol," Akali greeted the girl, and she pulled away from the hug. "You seem different, you seem harsher than before," the brown-haired girl frowned at Akali. 

"Elvira, this is Sol. I met her when I was visiting before," Akali introduced them, and Elvira reached her hand out for Sol to shake. She looked similar to Elv, but her flowers were a pale blue and purple instead of pink. 

"I can't wait to show you the spirit realm!" Sol beamed as she gracefully shook Elvira's hand. "Oh poor you," she then frowned as she looked Elvira deep in her eyes. "Excuse me?" "Oh, it's just that I can sense your confusion, stress, and emptiness," Sol explained. "I'm not empty," Elvira argued, but Sol shook her head. 

"Your spirit, it lacks something. But that's what the spirit realm is for, so don't you worry about that!" Sol smiled, trying to calm Elvira's growing distress. Ever since she had arrived in Ionia, everyone had been telling her how empty, dark or sad her spirit was, and she didn't understand any of it. And it was growing old. She had come here to heal her heart, not to get depressed.

"You are welcome to stay here with us for as long as you need, and we will work with you on healing your soul," Elv smiled before she looked over to Sol. "Show them both where they will be sleeping?" Elv asked and Sol nodded before walking off with the two girls. 

Elvira had no idea what was in store for her, or how long she would stay with them.