22

Akali and Elvira had left the little village the next day, and Elvira couldn't stop thinking about what Skog had said about her spirit's aura. "I know it's been years since I've seen you, but I still know that look on your face," Akali broke the silence. 

"Hmm?" Elvira looked up from the ground and saw Akali standing with her hands on her hips, waiting for Elvira to spill whatever she was thinking about. "I've got all day honestly," she sassed and Elvira let out a heavy sigh. 

"It bothers me what Skog said about my spirit being black or whatever," she finally admitted, not having the time to wait on Akali. When Akali wanted something, she got it. And that included Elvira's thoughts to be spilled. 

"Oh, well if you're worried about it, we could visit the flower vastaya when we get to the Placidium," Akali suggested, and Elvira looked at her confused in response. "Flower vastaya? Is that even a thing?" "Yes, I traveled with Shen to meet them when I was still with the Kinkou order," Akali explained. "And why would they be able to help me?" Elvira then asked as she looked around at where they were standing. 

They were walking along the sandy shores of the water separating the Ionian mainland from the Bahrl island. There were cliffs to their left, reaching high up into the sky, covered in s yellow moss. Weirdly shaped trees were spread out in the more shallow parts of the sea, but also on top of the cliffs. 

(This is a picture from the League Universe website, to help you visualize

(This is a picture from the League Universe website, to help you visualize.)

"The flower vastaya work with healing and discovering. They are a people devoted to meditation and finding your true path," Akali explained and Elvira felt a sudden hurry to see them. She knew her time was running short, and maybe they could help.

"I know what you're thinking, and no. We're going to the Placidium first, and then I'll take you to the flower vastaya," Akali walked in front of Elvira, and planted herself right in front of her face. "I know you feel like you're in a hurry to do whatever big thing you feel like you need to do before you die, but listen to me. You are in Ionia, where magic is everywhere. You don't need to rush anything as long as you're still here!" Akali argued.

"I don't get why you don't understand that!" she sighed as Elvira crossed her arms over her chest. 

"You think I don't know that I'm not decaying while I'm here? But what does that help, when the second I return to Piltover I will start decaying again!" Elvira raised her voice to a slight yell as she argued back at Akali. "There are children in the streets of Zaun that are probably dying right now as we speak, and many of those deaths I could possibly have avoided if I was there to help them, or if I had perfected my inventions that could help them."

"But I am stuck here because Jayce and Viktor are worried about my health," she mocked her friends. "You can't save anyone from the grave, Elvira!" Akali yelled at her friend, and Elvira snapped. "How do you know that," she screamed, black bleeding into her eyes, covering the white completely. Akali took a few steps back in fear, and Elvira quickly realized what she had done, and calmed herself. 

"I... What was that... Fuck I'm..." Elvira mumbled as she looked at her hands in fear. She hadn't seen her slight shift, but she had felt it. And she knew by the look on Akali's face, that she had seen it clear as day. 

"Let's get going. The quicker we get to the Placidium, the quicker we can get you to the flower vastaya," Akali started walking quickly, Elvira following behind, too scared to speak. 

Another two days passed before they had arrived at the Placidium of Navori.  Akali and Elvira stood before the gates to the city, and Elvira's jaw dropped. The gates were tall and carved in intricate patterns of swirls and different sceneries. 

On the other side of the gate, were streets busy with humans and vastaya alike, walking around in harmony. They walked through the gates, and into the streets. The Placidium of Navori was a sacred site for Ionians, as it had stood since Ionia first came to be. 

There were renowned schools here that people traveled from across Ionia to study at, and there were beautiful forests where people went to meditate. That's where the flower vastaya lived. Akali had told her more about them while they traveled for the past two days, and Elvira had become increasingly more interested in them. 

"Would you like some food after your travels?" a woman behind the first food stall asked the girls. She had all sorts of fruits and greens laid out across her table, and many vegetarian dishes to choose from. "How much?" Akali asked the woman, who just waved her hands. "I don't charge members of the Kinkou," she woman smiled at Akali.

"Sadly I'm not a member anymore, I left them," she admitted, as she would feel bad for taking food for free from a woman who thought she was handing out free food to a Kinkou. "You've done a lot of good for Ionia during your time as a Kinkou, and you'll do a lot of good during your time on your own," the woman gave Akali a warm smile before handing her a vegetable wrap. 

The woman started preparing a wrap for Elvira as well, but Elvira stopped the woman. "Please, no. I haven't done anything for Ionia, I don't deserve your food," she bowed her head in shame and the woman chuckled. "You think I don't know who you are?" the woman spoke while continuing to prepare the wrap.

"I knew your mother well from her days studying here at the Placidium. We were good friends in her youth, and she spoke highly of you the times she visited me after your birth. You helped her heal the wounded from the battles against Noxus, for that we all owe you our eternal gratitude," the woman handed Elvira the wrap, letting her hands linger around Elvira's for a few seconds. 

"She would be so proud of you, you know that right?" the woman looked concerned at Elvira, but she only nodded in return. "I know," she smiled at the woman before Akali complained that they were being slow.

Elvira didn't know that the woman knew about her insecurities, as Elvira's mother, Krekel, had spoken about Elvira's future ever since she saw a vision weeks before her death. Visions of Elvira's future.

A cold future filled with metal and steel, and a mechanical heart.