8

10 months had passed. Her father had been home for 2 months before he had to leave again, going back to Ionia. She had taken him with her down to Zaun a few times, and he was really impressed with what she was doing. The people in Zaun had also gotten more comfortable around her, as her name was more known and respected now. Her father had made her a mask the first week he was home so that Elvira could protect her identity while she was in the undercity because the people in Piltover can't know this

She now went by Sparrow, as that was what her mother had called her when she was younger. Her father had also gotten a little place for her down there, as he had some connections from when he was actively working down there before Elvira was born. 

Jayce realized he had been too harsh on Elvira after two weeks, most likely because Xander had had a talk with him about his behavior. He even offered to help her and Viktor with Elvira's purifiers, and she really appreciated that. He was trying, even though he found it hard to watch his cousin push herself past her limits. 

She had been passing out a lot lately, sleeping much more than normal. But she knew why, and she managed to keep it hidden from everyone other than Jayce. Viktor and Aya still knew nothing.

Aya and her new girlfriend were living happily ever after, and Elvira was more than happy for them both. But it also meant that Aya would spend time with her girl instead of working with Elvira on their plant, which was both a blessing and a curse.

Elvira had always hated postponing things, and she liked to do the things she needed to do right away. But even though their regrow elixir was taking a very long time, she had other stuff to occupy her time with. 

She and Viktor had been working on the purifiers non-stop. He obviously had hextech as well, so he alternated between working with Jayce, and working with Elvira. They had become very good friends, but Elvira still kept her secret. She actually had a conversation with Jayce after 4 months of working with Viktor, regarding if she should tell him or not, and Jayce practically threatened to ship her back to Ionia if she told him. He was too scared of Viktor snitching. 

They were all a little group now, Aya included (those times she actually spent with her friends, and not making out with her bae). 

Elvira had also been seeing Ash a lot more, working with him. And she now stood in front of the tunnel leading down to the undercity, just waiting for his signal. There were usually thugs around the end of that tunnel, so Ash usually went to check and potentially take care of the problem before he signaled for her to go down. 

"Ey yo, it's clear!" she heard his voice echo through the metal slide. She carefully climbed inside, pulling down her mask before sliding down. The slide was bumpy and rough, and she always got a few scratched from going down it, but it was nothing she couldn't handle. 

"Wazup," he asked when she popped out of the opening and landed gracefully on her behind. "You tell me," she said as she stood up and brushed the dirt off her pants. "The situation with Silco is worsening, the sanctuary is doing good, other than that, nothing new," Ash told her as they walked deeper into the undercity. 

"And the machines?" she asked him. "I don't really know, I'm not a scientist. It's not broken though? I think, I don't really know that either," he chuckled as she rolled her eyes. "Is it making weird noises?" she asked and he shook his head. "Good, then it's not broken!" she clapped her hands before walking into her little workshop. 

"I need you to take this to the sanctuary, I'll come down there after I finish the business I have with someone here first," she handed Ash a big sack filled with supplies. "Business with who?" he asked as he struggled to carry the heavy load. Elvira had used her magic to lighten the weight of the sack, and she didn't realize how heavy it actually was.