53

"I'm sorry," she said before firing the ball at Jayce. 

Jayce aimed his cannon at Elvira just in time to fire a beam, crashing with the orb, sending the orb back at Elvira, who barely managed to shield herself before it hit her. Jayce started sprinting towards her, his hammer raised over his head, readying himself to swing at her.

Elvira quickly steadied herself and jumped to her left when Jayce swung at her. She then boosted herself into the air, and surrounded her fists with her magic, before aiming one of her fists at Jayce's shoulder. 

Jayce stumbled forward as he was hit, which gave Elvira time to aim her other reinforced fist at his jaw, uppercutting him and sending him to the ground. "Please Jayce, I don't want to hurt you," Elvira pleaded, feeling her eyes water. 

She hated this. Even though Jayce had been an idiot recently, only thinking of himself, too blinded by his ever-increasing fame to actually see what is going on, he was still her cousin. And she did not want to hurt him, and she assumed he did not want to hurt her either.

"I'm sorry Elvira, this isn't about us anymore, it's about the city," Jayce said as he wiped the blood from under his nose after he had gotten back on his feet. "Please," Elvira whimpered as she started charging up another orb. 

Jayce gave her a sympathetic look before raising his cannon, charging up a bolt as well. A single tear fell down Elvira's cheek as she readied herself to fire the orb, but right before she was ready to let go, she dropped it. it crashed onto the ground, melting into the concrete they were standing on, as Elvira looked at it disappearing, wondering what happened. 

Then she heard another whirring sound before her body jolted slightly. Huh?

Elvira looked down at her thigh and saw her pant leg was covered in blood. Jayce had lowered his cannon, looking at Elvira worriedly as she inspected her wound. She looked up to see Caitlyn in the distance, perched behind a few crates on the balcony of a building, with her rifle aimed at Elvira.

She had been shot. "Seriously? In my good leg?" Elvira groaned. "You're a good shot, Caitlyn," Elvira said as she looked up at Caitlyn while reaching for her gun. "But I'm a good shot too," she said as she lifted her gun, and shot at the crates next to Caitlyn.

Caitlyn shielded her face from the splinters from the exploding wooden crates, and Jayce took his attention off Elvira for a few seconds to look over at Caitlyn, to see if she was ok. Elvira took this moment to look around and saw Viktor fighting off someone not too far from her.

"Viktor!" she yelled after him, and when he turned around, his eyes immediately went to her bleeding leg. She pointed towards Caitlyn, and he understood immediately, feeling anger slowly take over. He made his way over to Caitlyn, and sent a beam at the wall above her, causing the bricks to crumble off the wall and fall onto her face.

She quickly recovered, and aimed her rifle at Viktor instead, shooting at his metal parts, creating a high-pitched cling. 

Elvira turned her attention towards Jayce, who was making his way towards her with his hammer raised high again, ready to strike. He smashed the hammer down next to her, the pressure sending her flying into the nearest wall. She heard an unpleasant crack come from her back, but she waved it off as she tried getting back onto her feet.

Which proved to be more difficult than she expected. 

"Elvira!" Ash yelled while making his way towards her, as he had seen everything that had happened. "I'm fine, go fight," Elvira tried convincing him, but after looking down at her bleeding thigh, and after seeing her hit the wall so hard, he did not listen to her.

He tried wrapping his hand around her waist to try and help her up, but she winced as he grabbed onto her, causing him to let go. "Are you ok?" he asked but she didn't answer. 

Viktor had just taken out Caitlyn, leaving the poor woman badly hurt after falling from the building and crashing onto the wooden crates. He had turned around to see Jayce making his way towards Ash, who was leaning over a hurt Elvira. 

Viktor sent his hexcore to Jayce, and Jayce stopped walking as he heard the hissing sound of the magical device, hovering above him. 

Elvira looked around herself and took a deep breath in. "Do you have anything I can tie around my leg?" she asked Ash. "Huh?" he asked confused. "Do you have anything I can tie around my leg!" she repeated herself while looking over Ash to see for herself. "I have this," he grabbed the strip of fabric he had around his head, to keep his hair out of his eyes. 

"Give me something hard, she said, and his eyes fell on a rock. She used her magic to pull the bullet out of her leg while trying her best not to make any sound from the pain. Ash watched in horror as the bullet slowly made its way out of the wound before it fell to the ground.

Elvira pulled her pant leg over the wound before Ash handed her the rock, which she placed on top of the wound, smooth side down. She wrapped the fabric around it, making sure to make it as tight as possible, to stop the bleeding, but also allow her to continue moving.

After she tied it in a knot, she wiped the sweat off her brow, before she got back on her feet. "What are you doing?" Ash asked her when she started walking back out onto the battlefield. "I'm not gonna sit back and watch when I can still fight," Elvira argued. "Are you fucking insane? You just got shot, and you probably have a concussion from hitting that wall, you are not well enough to fight!" Ash said while grabbing her arm, stopping her.

"I don't have a choice Ash, I'm sorry," she said while still looking at the fighting, avoiding looking at Ash. "If you walk back out there Elvira, it's suicide," he said, his voice cracking a little at the end. 

"If I die, then I'll die fighting for the freedom of Zaun. And that doesn't seem so bad to me," Elvira said before she walked back out into the fighting.