38

Elvira had sent Jinx to Piltover to retrieve one last hextech gemstone, so Elvira could figure out how to harness its power. "You think she's gonna make it?" Ash asked as Elvira was sitting at her desk, nervously tapping her fingers on the top of the table. 

"She has to. I have faith in her," Elvira answered. She had initially sat down at her desk to try and figure out some sort of contraption she could have the gemstone in, which would allow her to carry it around in her body without it being in her way, but she was too nervous to be able to use her brain for anything other than worrying. 

"I already feel too bad for asking this of her, I would feel so much worse if anything went wrong," she admitted. "Hey, she told you she would gladly do it for you, you don't need to worry about it," Ash walked over to her and ran his hand up and down her back, trying to comfort her. 

"I know, but still. I'm not asking her to go to the store for me, I'm asking her to steal something. From my cousin too, this whole situation is just wrong," Elvira groaned frustratedly. "The world is wrong Elvira, you're just doing what you have to survive."

"Also, did you speak with Caitlyn or Vi?" she asked him. She had a talk with Ash earlier that day about how guilty she felt for helping them locate Silco when Jinx trusted Elvira so much that she gladly risked her life helping her steal something from Piltover. She and Ash agreed that he would speak with either of them and tell them Elvira was out of their deal. They just hoped that meant that Caitlyn wouldn't snitch on Elvira out of spite.

"Guess who's here!" someone spoke, and Elvira turned her back to see Jinx dangling down from the ceiling, with a hextech gemstone in hand. "Just for you," she grinned while handing it to Elvira. "Oh my, you did it!" Elvira excitedly said while Jinx jumped down. 

Elvira pulled Jinx into a hug, to which she didn't know how to respond to. Jinx liked it though. She had not been hugged like that in a long time. Other than Vi. The night before actually. But that didn't count, because Vi didn't love her. Elvira did.

"You have no idea how much this means to me Jinx, I can finally get strong again!" Elvira wiped a tear from the corner of her eye, while she held onto the gemstone, feeling the warmth of the magic spread from her hand and up to her chest, finding its way to the metal contraption. 

A week later Elvira gets a sudden visit from Jinx, who hadn't been there at all for the last week. But she was different. Elvira had also heard from Ash a few days after she got her gemstone, that Vi and Jayce had attacked one of Silco's shimmer factories after Jinx had stolen from Jayce not once, but two times. 

And now that Jinx was standing in front of Elvira, looking at her with piercing purple eyes, she knew that something had happened to Jinx too, during her time away. "Jinx, are you ok?" she asked when Jinx just stood across the room, staring at Elvira.

"You helped them, didn't you," she simply asked. "Huh?" "You fucking helped them, didn't you!" Jinx screamed. Elvira flinched at her sudden outburst, but she also realized what Jinx was so mad about. Or more like hurt. There was pain in her eyes.

"Silco, he died didn't he?" Elvira asked, her voice soft and filled with empathy for Jinx. She had heard a loud explosion earlier that night, but she didn't think much of it. It was a normal thing around here, to hear explosions and gunshots all the time.

"I shot him," Jinx said, her voice shaking from holding back her emotions. "I shot him because he was gonna shot Vi."

Wait, she shot him? 

"I'm sorry Jinx, I..." "No, you're not! You helped Vi and that stupid enforcer find Silco, I found your papers at her house!" 

Shit.

"Jinx, let me explain..." "No, I don't wanna hear it. I risked my life for you, I trusted you!" Jinx cried before she lifted her gun and aimed it at Elvira. "Shut up," she said before firing her gun. Elvira had the gemstone on her body, and it reacted before she could, moving her body swiftly to the side, doing the bullet barely as it graced along her cheek. 

"Stop it, let me talk!" Elvira yelled, but Jinx was already firing another shot, which Elvira dodged again. 

"You broke my trust," Jinx cried as she tossed her gun to the side, moving towards Elvira with a speed she had never seen before. "What happened to you?" Elvira asked as she matched her speed, thanks to the gemstone in her pocket, and sidestepped Jinx every time she pounced for her, trying to land a hit. 

"I almost died you know," Jinx said as she jumped up into the air and tried to tackle Elvira to the ground. Elvira was too focused on her words, so she wasn't able to doge Jinx, and she crashed hard onto the wooden floor of her office. 

"I was fighting Ekko. He was gonna win," she said as she threw punch after punch to Elvira's face. "Jinx!" Elvira yelled before she summoned a force field, which pushed Jinx off her. "Damn it feels good to have my magic back," Elvira grinned to herself while standing back up again. 

"I almost died that day," Jinx kept talking as she brushed dust off her pants. "But Silco saved me. Took me to his doctor, and he brought me back! With shimmer," Jinx said, before readying herself to attack again. "Which you helped destroy," she said before she ran at Elvira again, and they fought each other for a long time.

Elvira landed a few punches on Jinx, mostly from using her magic to enforce her hands, making the hits even harder and swifter than Jinx's. Elvira used her magic to bound Jinx to the chair, so she could speak.

"Now you listen to me before I kick your ass for real," she threatened, the magic causing her aura to glow around her, in a dark red color which caused Jinx to freeze a little. 

"I helped them in the beginning, because I've known Caitlyn for years, and I saved your sister's life after she got stabbed by Sevika. So you should actually thank me for saving the only family you have!" Elvira said, not holding back. If Jinx was gonna be a bitch, Elvira didn't plan on being nice either.

"And also, after you helped me get the gemstone, I stopped helping them at all. I actually stopped helping them before you said you'd help me because I felt bad for it. So don't give me that shit!" 

"Lastly, whatever that large explosion I heard earlier was, I'm assuming that was you. I heard it was coming from Piltover as well, so I'm also assuming that you finally finished that gun of yours and that you blew up something in Piltover."

"Now that being said, with Silco dead, you need a place to hide and lay low. So if you wanna stay on my good side, I suggest you drop that fucking act of yours and behave! Because I can be nice, but I can also be a fucking menace. Got it?" Elvira was now standing right in front of Jinx, speaking directly into her face. 

"Whatever," Jinx muttered after calming down, and Elvira let go of the magic that was restraining her. "Who saved your life?" Elvira asked after Jinx had gotten back onto her feet and picked up her gun from the floor. 

"His name is Singed or something, why?" Elvira looked at the drawings on her desk, and on the gemstone in her hand. "Take me to him."