11) Apologize

(Tmf = The monotone freak in Kiyoshi’s book 🙄)

“Y..Y-yes.” Like magic Sora loosens his grip on the young setter letting the blood flow back into his legs. He kisses him on the cheek and then puts him down and walks out the bathroom.
_________________________________________

Sora heads back to the table, shortly after Kenjiro gathers himself together and joins the rest at the table seeing Kawanishi standing up. When the Middle blocker sees him he sits back down. Kenjiro sits down in his seat and picks at his food that had just arrived.

“So what position do you play Kenji?” Sora asks like nothing had previously happened.

“…Setter…I decided to change my position.”

“What about Tmf?” Kiyoshi smiles.

“His name is Kawanishi and he plays middle blocker… Do you still play as the Ace?”
“Yep! I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world.”

“Do you play Volleyball Yuta?” Shirabu asks the other.

“No I play Soccer… the goalie to be specific. I wouldn’t be able to run a whole lot.”

“That’s nice. How did you and Sora get together?” He asks going straight to what he wanted.

“We’re in a couple of the same classes and I came to one his games and afterwards he took me to see a movie.”

That’s a lie. Well Yuta had gone to that game but Sora never took him to the game afterwards. It was just yelling. Even though Sora’s team won he was angry with Yuta for not cheering loudly, for acting like he didn’t care when really Yuta was just in pain from a previous game where he’d caught a ball to his gut and flew back into a pole.

“How’d you and Taichi meet?”

“We have all of the same classes and we’re on the same team and dorm.”

Kenjiro adds. He glances off to Taichi who is just staring at Sora with a blank face. What’s up with him? He seems angry but not too visibly angry. Sora speaks up and tells everyone to eat so they could hit the arcade after and maybe sit down and talk or something. They eat and go to the arcade. The entire time Kawanishi never lets his eyes off of Sora. After they’ve been in the lounge room for a while Yuta and Kenjiro sit next to each other on the couch swapping numbers and talking about small stuff like grades and school work. Eventually Yuta yawns and checks his phone.

“Kiyo it’s 9:00 we should head out. It’s late and our reservation time will be up in five minutes.”

“You’re right.” They all stand up and head out. At the entrance/exit to the restaurant they all turn to each other. Yuta and Taichi shake hands and Sora pulls Kenjiro into a hug. A tight one.

“Well it was nice seeing you again… you’ll be at my house after school tomorrow, no ifs ands or buts got it?” He whispers the last part in Kenjiro’s ear.
“Mhm.”  Sora licks Shirabu’s ear and then grabs Yuta and walks away.

“We should do this again. It was nice meeting you Kawanishi and Shirabu.” Yuta smiles. That’s the first time he’s smiled this entire time.

~At Shirabu’s house~

They walk into Kenjiro’s room and Taichi grabs Kenjiro’s shoulders (not in a mean way) and pushes him against the wall.

“What did he do to you?” He locks eyes with the small, fragile boy. Shirabu is taken back by this outburst.

“T he didn’t do anything.”

“Don’t ‘T’ me just answer my question. What.did.he.do.to.you?”  This is where Kenjiro wants to break he wants to apologize so bad for how he acted. For allowing Sora to cheat on Yuta and for 'cheating' on Him. The golden eyed boy opens his mouth to say something but gets a text from Sora. He tries to push Kawanishi off of him but it’s no use.

“ Let go of me…”

“please just answer my question Kenjiro did he hurt you?”

“NO JUST LET GO OF ME DAMNIT” He pushes Taichi as hard as he can and grabs his phone from the bed. He checks it and his heart races.

Sora- Thanks for the kiss earlier. I can still taste your sweet Butterscotch lips. My nice sweet treat for the day. Sleep well my candy. See you tomorrow dress nice for me and I  might take ya to see the team❤️.”

Me-  Hope you sleep well too. See ya🥰

Kenjiro’s P.O.V.

This is so wrong. He has a boyfriend… He did say he and Haruki aren’t dating. Still I shouldn’t be doing this. I shouldn’t still care. He’s hurt me so bad but I can’t let him go. Hell even now my legs hurt and I have small bruises on them. I turn back to Taichi. I should just tell him it won’t be that bad right? Apologize.

“Taichi I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have yelled at you I Just freaked out I guess….” He sits next to me and his face looks so sorrow filled. He feels bad for me even though he doesn’t know what I did yet.

“It’s fine though you are pretty strong.” He looks me in the eyes “Ken you can tell me.” I try to speak without tearing up but I can’t. As the tears star to swell in my eyes I choke on my words like an idiot.

“We kissed…and it got a little…um intense? And when I told him to stop he hurt me…he grabbed my legs and bruised them a l-little.” He doesn’t yell at me for influencing Kiyoshi to cheat instead he hugs me. A gentle hug to where he allows me to cry. Cry into his shoulder until I cant anymore, until I feel like my throat is the Sahara desert and my eyes feel like volcanoes. Until my body is numb and my chest feels like it’s going to explode from my uneven and harsh breathing. He just sits there arms wrapped around me and rubbing my back gently. Somehow I fall asleep like that and Taichi manages to take off my accessories and get me somewhat comfortable. He writes a note and leaves it at my bedside before going back to the dorms.

“Sleep well Kenjiro you deserve it no matter what.”

~Parte dos of a Merry angsty Christmas. Thank you for reading lovelies. Author-Chan~