❦︎10❦︎

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"R-Really?!" you lit up in glee as you stepped closer to him. "You mean it?! You'll help me?!" you exclaimed. Not noticing the observant gaze that South has been doing all over your body by the moment you went closer to him and bending your body forward a bit in excitement. "Yes," he groaned. "But in one condition," he added, making you quirk your brow at him.

"Let me see you perform," he said. "You mean... for the play?" you question him for clarifications. "L-Like-- right now?" "Stop wasting time," he growled, "Let me see you perform, or else I'll turn your offer down," he grinned darkly. You gulped as droplets of sweat were starting to come down from your forehead down to your face. You were anxious about whether you should do it, especially in front of him.

Do you even have the guts to perform perfectly when he's around? What happens if it were a lot of people like last time? You'll fail. You're sure of it. But... you still have an option to try. You still have one more chance to change everything, and you're not willing to miss that opportunity. "Okay..." you muttered as you back away from his distance and kept your head low as you gripped your right arm.

It's fine, you tried calming yourself as you took a deep breath in and out to compose yourself. South watches you with his full attention, only focusing on you and nothing else. You first remember the few lines you have mastered in order to somehow make him impress and accept your offer of helping you. This is your only shot, and you need to try your hardest to impress him as much as you can.

You wouldn't want to savor the embarrassment of him not liking it and end up leaving. You positioned yourself as you took a moment to brace yourself to act in the exact role you were given. Maria Santos, a caring, independent, passionate, kind, and confident woman. The exact woman you are going to be once you start. "Paulo de Carlos," you started as your voice raised in pride. "You are a man of no worth of my passion!" you furrowed your brows.

"You've lied to me countless times, so don't come to me and beg with your knees as you plead for mercy!" you declared. "The ring you have on your finger no longer holds meaning with your fiance," you paused before gesturing your hand and pointing at the rigid wall, imagining your pointing at the character who is Paulo's fiance. Your eyes, burning with rage and passion, made South's chest skip a beat.

"For you, who also betrayed her love! Doesn't deserve the forgiveness of both of us!" you raged as you remember the deep burning memory of your ex, getting together with Yorona. "I am Maria Santos!" you announced as you held your chest up high. "And I'll no longer cry for no man!" you yelled. "Stop," South intervened. You stopped just like he ordered you as you stood before him like ice. Did he not like it? you bit your lower lip. Anxious that you might have failed to meet his expectations. "Do it again," he said. "Pardon?"

"The glint in your eyes."

"Glint?" you tilted your head.

"They're beautiful," he said forwardly.

Those 2 words made you blush a little, your cheeks starting to turn into a light rosy red color. "Do it again for me," he demanded. Though he sounds quite rude and bossy about it, you didn't mind. In fact, you wanted to do it for him. If he liked it so much that he wished to see you perform again, then you'll do it. So you performed one more time for him just as he wished from you and continues staring at you His observant gaze not breaking any contact from your figure.