❦︎21-Certa❦︎

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

You almost choked at the liquor you've drunk as you halted up and pumped a fist on your chest. "Excuse me?" You breathed out with tense eyes. "So are you?" she responded back with yet another question that's awfully similar to the last one. Her red painted nails glinted along with the lights from the huge disco ball up above and behind your figure as the woman's fingers glazed at her glass and took another sip of her drink.

"You could say that..." you murmured, not even caring whether she heard it or not due to the power of bass music around the place. "So fuck buddy, then?" she quirked a thick brow in your direction, making you etch to just pull it out of that powdered face of hers. Like, who does she think she is? South's mother? South's bodyguard? His ex? Or actually his lover?

That thought made your heart feel heavy to the brim. Thinking of him with another woman other than you makes your heart sink to the deepest parts of the ocean by an anchor, nowhere to breathe, and nowhere to go back. It's painfully forsaken on your part, but you can't just assume things right ahead without true evidence.

You played it cool. Bringing up your drink to your lips, inhaling the intoxicating fragrance, then drank it whole. "What about you?" you inquired through the thin line of your lips. Glancing at the woman beside you over your shoulder with an arched brow. "What are you to him?" despite the annoying blinding colored lights around the bar, you swore you saw her eyebrows twitched. Looks like you hit a nerve.

"Would you like to know?" she plastered up a condescending smile, so fake and clear. You could smell the intentions from her potato head. Though there's a part of you that's hesitant to know what her relationship with South is, but there's also a part of you that wishes to know without getting your game to end so pathetically.

You just went along and hummed as you averted your gaze from hers, raising your hand at the bartender to get a refill of your glass. "Oh, my~ You're that curious~?" The woman sang as if the topic she was about to unveil is something worth buying for a million yen. "I am," you spoke as the bartender grabbed your glass and started refilling it with the same drink.

"Since you are, then I'll might as well tell you," she said in such a low yet haughty tone of her annoying voice. "You see... me and South go waaay back," she stated as the pads of her fingers circled around the glossy edge of her glass. "We know each other for years, and well— practically closer than anybody else in this party," she bragged with a smugly smile.

Her overconfident gaze, observing each inch of your face for any signs of annoyance, jealousy, and heartbreak. You'll admit, she is starting to annoy you, and maybe a bit jealous and almost falling through her words as your self-esteem is slowly crumbling in each possibility about her and South together. 'No, not yet. You still need to know if it's true or not' you implied through your mind.