❦︎11❦︎

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

South kept looking at his palm. His absent gaze, eyeing his rough and calloused hand as he remembers the way he held yours. Your smooth delicate hand, smaller compared to his, touched his hand filled with scars and blits from his fights. It felt nice to his touch, and he can't help but yearn more of it.

Ever since morning, you felt a bit excited. You woke up early, feeling energized than ever, you skipped breakfast like usual, not feeling to eat anything and afraid to be late for school. Your ride on the bus has kept you preoccupied with so many things inside your head. Anticipating your practice with South this afternoon, though you're not sure whether you're ready for his teachings, but when you try to recall the time when he suddenly looked for you for the first time in school.

He seemed rather serious when he corrected you your grammar and the way you speak in Portuguese. You sighed as you hoped that this practice you wished, will go smoothly.

And you were right along. By the time you reached school, students started murmuring and bickering with each other as you walked through the halls. It was unpleasant hearing whispers about you in every step you take. If you were to face them head-on, then you're afraid that you'd be only causing a ruckus, so early in the morning. "You okay?" Aika questions you, worry in her tone.

"I'm fine..." you showed her a faint smile, reassuring her that you're really okay. You are sure that this weird gossip about you will turn down sooner or later, new kinds of dramas always appear in every corner in your school. Stealing the spotlight of the other, then another. "Just ignore them," Aika waved her hand dramatically at some of your classmates who kept throwing glances at you, then whispers at each other.

"I wouldn't be surprised if a dead body, were to be found by the hands of South Terano!" Aika exclaimed as she feigned in fear. Making everybody in the room dead silent. "Thanks, Aika," you chuckled as you gazed up at her. "That's what best friends are for," she beamed out a cheerful smile on her face. Aika is always like that. Always got your back every time you needed her, just like you when she needed you the most. To you, Aika was your shining sun, always lighting up your day.

And to Aika, you're the glistening moon, always guiding her through the darkness. You both need each other, and you both want the other to be happy. "So..." Aika cooed as she starts wiggling her brows, and you know where exactly this is going. "Are you and South..." she quirked a brow at you, "What? No. Absolutely not." You huffed as you crossed your arms together, and looked the other way as you furrowed your brows.

"Really~?" she tease, causing you to irk from her jokes as you went ahead and pinched her arms. Making her yell in pain as she slaps your shoulder for payback, only gaining a fit of giggles from you. Your other classmates still continued taking short glances over you, some believing that you might just be acquainted with South while some thinks otherwise.

The class has already started, and the only thing that kept you focused was the anticipation of meeting him after the day. It was a good thing that your teacher didn't notice your absent-minded expressions during the whole class.

"Mãe, sinto muito," South instructs you as he remains seated on the wooden chair before you. "Mãe... sinto... muito?" you attempted while looking down at your script as you sit at the wooden chair, adjacent to him. "Good, say it faster," he instructs you as you followed his direction. "Mãe, sinto muito." Those words sounded way easier than you expected, though you still have a long way to go.