Ch 4: Marauders Map

I looked down at my body wondering where I was. I heard laughing and talking as I looked around the room. I noticed a picture on the wall, I instantly recognized the woman in the middle as my mother with Pietro and Lily on either side of her. I felt a smile creep on my face seeing how happy she looked. I walked around the corner to see my father holding a young girl on his lap. I walked closer realizing the young girl was me.

"I made a map of the entire school with my best pals" he said smiling.

My younger self looked up smiling to him as he lightly pinched my cheek.

"My butterfly" he said. "One day I will show you it. It was taken by Filch, but I'll find a way to get it."

I felt tears falling down my face as I examined every inch of his face. I stepped forward as the scenery changed. Everything turned black as someone stepped forward. I tilted my head not recognizing the woman in front of me.

"It's inside you" she said.

"Who are you?" I asked.

She had a headpiece similar to my mothers only a darker red. She disappeared in an instant leaving me in darkness.

I sat up in bed as Violet was still sleeping. I thought about the map from the dream, or what I assume was a dream. I grabbed my wand before walking out of the room. I sat in the common room listening to chatters around me as I stood up walking out. I walked around looking for an office with the name Filch.

"Filch, Filch, where is his office?" I asked myself.

I stopped in front of the office door smiling.

"What are you doing?" Someone whispered in my ear causing me to jump.

I spun around to see George and Fred.

"Where did you guys come from!" I said.

"Our mother" Fred smiled.

I laughed turning back around.

"Breaking into Filch's office?" George asked.

"Perhaps" I said.

"Let's see how she does it, Georgie" Fred said.

I held my hand over the knob as my hand glowed red slightly. I focused on the bolts inside as it clicked. I smiled turning the knob.

"Wicked" they both said in unison.

Walking in George hurriedly shut the door.

"Look around for a piece of paper" I said.

"You broke into his office for paper?" George asked.

"Just look" I said.

I started to give up when George called us over. I smiled grabbing the parchment paper from his hands.

"What's so special about it?" Fred asked.

I grabbed my wand from my pocket.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" I said lightly touching the paper with the tip of my wand.

Words appeared.

"Messrs are proud to present Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs" George said.

"The Marauders Map" Fred said.

"How did you know about this?" George asked.

"Padfoot" I said softly.

I opened the map revealing the entirety of the castle. There were footprints all over with names underneath them.

"Wow" George said.

My smile faltered hearing footsteps outside of the office.

"Filch" I said.

I put my wand back to the paper.

"Mischief managed" I said.

"What are we going to do!" Fred said.

"Be quiet and grab my shoulder!" I said.

They looked at me confused.

"Just do it!" I said.

They grabbed my shoulders as I put my pointer and middle finger to my head focusing on Filch's mind. He walked in with his cat digging through one of his drawers grabbing a folder before walking back out.

"How did you do that?" George asked.

"Telepathy" I said pointing to my head. "I didn't know if it would even work. But now that I know my powers work."

I grabbed their arms transporting us to the courtyard. The two fell to the ground almost instantly, I laughed looking down at them. A boy with fiery red hair walked over.

"So I see you've quickly made friends with my brothers" he laughed.

"My names-" I started.

"I'm very aware of your name, Black" he said. "Names Charlie Weasley."

"Its very nice to meet you Charlie" I smiled holding my hand out.

He shook it looking at his brothers.

"You play quidditch, Black?" He asked.

I looked down at the question.

"Uh no I don't" I said.

"A shame, your father was an excellent player" he laughed. "See you around."

"Charlie is five years older than us" George said.

"He's Gryffindor's captain. Best seeker in Gryffindor's history" Fred smiled.

"You really are a quidditch family" I said.

"What about your family?" He asked. "I mean we know you've got siblings."

"I've got two brothers and a younger sister. Billy and Tommy are twins, they're two years younger than me and Alina is a year younger" I said.

"They have powers too?" Fred asked.

I nodded.

"Alina has powers like our grandfather, Billy has powers similar to mine and our mothers, and Tommy has near identical powers to our uncle" I said.

"Wicked" they said at the same time.  

I smiled looking down. Sometime later we had gone our separate ways as I sat in bed looking at the map. I smiled knowing at one point my father had done the same with his friends. I turned my head as Violet walked in, she laid on her bed face down.

"So" I said putting the map away.

"So" she said turning over.

"I think I figured out who your mom is" I said.

She looked at me before sitting up.

"You look like her" I said. "I knew you reminded me of someone."

"Emma Frost is my real mum" she said. "My dad was married to Pandora when he cheated on her with Emma. She got pregnant and didn't want to raise me so she dropped me off at the doorstep one day with a note."

"I'm sorry" I said.

"Pandora tried hard to act as if I was her real child but she couldn't get past him cheating on her. She was always closer with Luna, never bothered me much. I was always the odd one in the house" she said. "And trust me, my family is odd."

"You're telepathic like her, aren't you?" I asked tilting my head. "That's why I can not feel your mind."

"I had to teach myself to control it. All the voices in my head drove me crazy, my family acted as if I was some kind of monster" she said.

"Emma is considered to be one of the most powerful telepaths and I can still read her mind even when she blocks it off but I can't read yours" I said. "Now that says something."

"I can also do this" she said.

She held up her hand as a diamond dagger appeared. She threw it into the wall as I smiled.

"We are going to be very good friends, Violet Lovegood" I said.