Ch 17: Hogsmeade

I sat in front of fire place staring at the flames as they went up and down. I felt a presence behind me as Billy sat opposite to me.

"Everybody says dad's wanting to kill Harry" he said.

"Don't listen to a single word anyone here says about him" I said. "He never killed those innocents, he's not evil."

"I know but-" he started.

"But nothing" I said. "He has no reason to kill Harry."

I noticed tears forming in his eyes.

"I feel death coming. A war" he said. "Every time I close my eyes I see innocent mutants being slaughtered by someone I never see the face of, I see you in pain."

I looked back to the fire as he continued on.

"Do you think I'm seeing the future?" He asked.

"I don't know" I said.

"I can sense a battle coming, not here, not yet" he said. "But in New York."

"The one moms been talking about" I sighed. "What else do you see?"

"I've seen you and mom at the edge of a cliff, just looking over it" he said. "You're both in dark red suits similar to each other's. You look older, distraught."

"You should go upstairs and get some more sleep" I said. "It's early."

He stood up walking towards the boys stairs before turning around.

"I can sense the dark parts of you" he said. "Whatever happens, don't let it take over."

"You're starting to sound like Strange" I said.

He slowly walked up the stairs as I stood up walking outside. I walked down the halls in complete silence leaning against a wall before slowly sliding down. I held my head in my hands as my breathing increased. My head began spinning as flashes appeared.

"It's okay"

"Let me go"

"How does it feel? To lose everything you fought for"

"Get out of my head!" I yelled.

"Nat" someone said.

I felt my eyes glowing as I created a psionic sword holding it up to them. I quickly put down the sword realizing it was George.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah" I said lying.

"You're lying" he said.

"Maybe" I said. "But I'll be okay."

"Come on" he said holding his hand out.

I took his hand as we walked outside. He took his hat off putting it atop my head. I looked up to him smiling.

"Tell me what's going on" he said.

"When I was four is when the Phoenix Force made it's real appearance in my life. It was hard enough to get used to my telepathy but it made it so much worse. Anywhere I'd go all the little voices in peoples heads were inside mine and it hurt, so bad. For weeks I was put in a room all alone with cushioned walls and no contact with anyone other than Charles and Hank who watched me from above" I said. "I keep hearing these voices inside my head but I don't know who's they are."

"Are you scared?" He asked.

"I'm only scared of not protecting my siblings" I said. "What if I'm not fast enough? Like my mom wasn't fast enough to save Lily."

"You'll be fast enough" he said.

"But will I?" I said. "Only time will tell."

"Don't say that" he said.

I turned my head to see Fred handing Violet something. I nudged George.

"Look" I said.

He looked around until his eyes landed on Fred and Violet. He instantly started smiling.

"You think they're going to finally admit their feelings?" I asked.

"Oh yeah" he said. "You should probably be getting ready for Hogsmeade."

"You're really not coming?" I asked.

"Fred and I have some stuff to do" he said.

"Weird but okay" I said.

I got on the tip of my toes placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Stay out of trouble" I said as I walked back inside.

"Trouble always finds me" he yelled.

I smiled shaking my head. I grabbed my coat as Violet waited for me in the common room. Once we got to Hogsmeade she dragged me into Honeydukes.

"You're seriously not going to get anything?" She asked.

"I've never had a sweet tooth and you know this, so can't be a surprise" I said.

She shrugged agreeing. As we left the store I bumped into Billy, Hermione and Ron.

"Harry's not with you?" I asked.

"Couldn't get his parent slip signed" Ron said.

"Oh" I said. "I still don't know why he's living with them, they're not even his real family."

I looked behind them to see a black dog staring at me.

"Natalia?" Hermione said.

"I'll see you three back at the castle later" I smiled.

I turned to Violet grabbing her arm.

"I'll meet you at Zonko's?" I said.

"Um yeah" she said confused.

I looked back to where the dog was, now gone. I ran down the street looking around. I saw paw prints in the snow following them behind the buildings, into the woods. The trail stopped as I looked around until my eyes landed on a man hunched over. My breath hitched as I walked closer to him.

"Dad" I said.

He turned around examining my face.

"My butterfly" he smiled.

I felt tears stream down my face as he walked over wrapping his arms around my body. We pulled apart as he put his hands on either side of my head.

"You're so grown up" he said. "I missed so much time."

"It's not your fault" I said.

"Peter Pettigrew is in the castle" he said. "He needs to be captured."

I slightly tilted my head recognizing the name.

"I've heard mom say that name before" I said. "He's the reason-"

"How is she?" He asked.

"She'd be a lot better if she saw you" I said.

"Not yet, my butterfly" he said. "He's the key to my innocence."

I nodded looking down.

"How are they?" He asked.

"McGonagall says Tommy is a lot like you" I said. "Alina try's her best to not show any emotion, it's hard to tell what she's feeling. Billy, well Billy is probably the most quiet out of all of us."

"And you?" He asked.

"I'm me" I shrugged. "I'm fine."

"I may not be able to read minds and have not seen you for over ten years but I can tell something is wrong" he said.

"I'll be okay" I said forcing a smile.

"Don't tell anyone of this" he said.

I nodded my head.

"Violet is probably looking for me" I said. "I told her I'd meet her at Zonko's."

He smiled as I slowly walked out of the trees and back into the street. I turned around to see the black dog before it ran off.