Ch 29: Grave

I walked through the entrance of the cemetery looking around at all of the headstones. I put my hand in my jacket pockets as I neared the one I had been dreading looking at. I kneeled down tracing my fingers over the name. Alina Black 1979-1995.

I felt tears forming in my eyes as I held onto the side of her headstone putting my forehead against it.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

I sat on the grass crying out as I heard leaves crunching behind me. I turned my head as George walked towards me.

"You shouldn't be here" he said. "It's too soon."

"If I would've made her go back to the pitch" I said. "She would still be here."

"Don't blame yourself" he said.

"It was my fault!" I yelled. "I told her to go back and she didn't want to, I could've made her and I didn't."

He looked down shaking his head.

"On top of it, I wasn't fast enough" I said. "I couldn't save her."

"Nat" he sighed.

"I couldn't save her!" I cried.

He ran over wrapping his arms around my body as I cried into his chest. I looked up as he pushed my hair back.

"I'm going to kill her" I said. "Jean."

"Are you a killer?" He asked.

"I don't care" I said.

He stood up holding his hand out. I reluctantly took it standing up. He gripped my hand tight as we walked out of the cemetery.

He guided us into a small restaurant. Quickly we were seated.

"I'm not hungry" I said.

"You haven't eaten in days" he said.

"I just don't feel hungry" I said.

The waitress walked over grabbing our orders. George looked at me then to the waitress.

"She'll have fish and chips" he said.

I sighed as he scrunched up a napkin throwing it to me. I smiled levitating it back to him.

"There's that smile I missed" he said.

"Still not hungry" I said.

"You should probably check on Tommy and Billy" he said. "You've all closed yourselves off, you need each other especially now."

"I have been meaning to talk to you about something" I said.

He looked at me confused.

"Technically Harry and I were named Tri-Wizard Tournament champions, we both got a thousand galleons each" I said. "I can't keep it. So I want to give it to you and Fred."

"No. Absolutely not" he said. "We don't want handouts."

"Don't think of it that way, think of it as an investment" I said. "I don't need that money nor do I want to keep it. But I do want you to buy new robes for Ginny."

"I can't take it" he said.

"Well, too bad because I already gave it to Fred" I said. "I know you lost a lot of money to Ludo, so this money should help really start up your joke shop."

"I love you" he said.

"I love you too" I smiled.

After lunch we went back to Grimmauld Place standing on the sidewalk. He grabbed my face lightly rubbing his thumb over the scar on my right cheek. He pulled something out of his back pocket. He handed the pamphlet to me as I looked at the cover.

"Southview, New Jersey" I smiled.

"Open it" he said.

I smiled looking at the red heart, inside the heart were words.

"To grow old in" I said.

I looked up as he smiled.

"Harry gave us his winnings too and wanted me to use some of it to get that" he said. "It's just an empty lot, I'm making payments on it."

"I love it" I said.

"I know you're stalling" he laughed.

"I don't want to see everyone" I said.

"I know" he said. "But they lost someone they loved too, we all did."

I forced a smile as he led us to the door. I walked in looked to the kitchen as my father sat beside Remus. I slowly walked to the kitchen as George went to find Fred. I sat down as they began to talk about what to do next. Molly walked towards me rubbing my shoulder. I looked up as Harry walked in with Arthur. My father went to close the door to the kitchen as they further discussed the next steps.

I walked out of the kitchen ignoring their words. I looked up the stairs nearly knocking over Kreature.

"Sorry" I said.

"Master" he bowed.

"For the thousandth time, do not call me master" I said.

"Half bloods" he muttered walking away.

I looked at Tommy's door putting my ear to it. I couldn't make out any words just muffled talking between him and Billy. I knocked on the door as their talking stopped.

"It's me" I said.

Billy opened the door as I walked through. I looked at Tommy as I went to sit at the edge of his bed.

"Have you seen it?" I asked.

They both shook their heads.

"I'm sorry" I whispered as tears filled my eyes.

"We thought we lost you too" Tommy said. "Seeing you covered in your own blood-"

"We're glad you're here" Billy said. "Without mom here, we need you."

"Why did she do it?" He asked.

"She had resentment towards mom, I guess that carried over to us" I said. "Alina didn't deserve it."

"You want to kill her" Billy said.

"Better do it before she kills me" I said. "She wants the other half of the Phoenix Force and is going to stop at nothing to do it."

"Kill her" Tommy siad.

"I will" I said. "But you shouldn't close yourselves off, especially with the new school year coming around the corner."

Billy put his head in my lap as Tommy did the same.