Ch 33: Department of Mysteries

Fred ran over grabbing my shoulders.

"We're leaving" he said.

"What?" I said.

"Georgie and I are leaving" he said. "Leaving Hogwarts."

"We only have a month left, you two can't wait?" I said.

"We don't need Hogwarts to open up our shop" he said. "I mean we technically already have it. "

"Fred" I said.

"I know you don't know what you want to do but you don't need Hogwarts" he said.

"Fine" I said.

"Perfect!" He said.

"Where is George?" I asked.

"Packing your things" he said.

"Of course" I said.

"We're leaving shortly" he said. "I already gave Violet the address for it, we'll be waiting for you two."

I ran to Gryffindor Tower and up to my room to find Violet's things all packed up as she walked out of the bathroom.

"Are we really doing this?" I asked.

"They're right" she said. "It's not like we want to do anything in the Wizarding World after here. Our purposes are aligned somewhere else, I want to help Charles and you are more than likely going to lead the Avengers one day."

"I don't know if I can leave Tommy and Billy" I said.

"I know they don't want to be here either" she said. "But I also know they can't go back to New York because of everything that happened with Captain Rogers and Tony Stark. I'm pretty sure George already talked to them."

I looked up confused.

"The flat above the shop is small with only two rooms but there's a room big enough down in the shop that could be turned into a makeshift room" she said. "They liked that idea better than being here without you."

"So where are they?" I asked.

"Waiting at the Black Lake" she said.

I grabbed her hand transporting us outside. Billy turned around smiling.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked.

"We don't belong here" Tommy said.

I nodded as Billy created a portal. I looked back at Hogwarts as we all walked through. Violet went to turn the knob of the shop realizing it was locked. I grabbed onto them transporting us inside. I looked around at the empty shelves as Violet walked up the stairs. I went to the back looking around for the room. I found the room walking inside it with Tommy and Billy behind me.

"This should fit two beds" I said. "I'll get those purchased and brought over right away."

I turned my head  as George wrapped his arms around my neck from behind. He kissed my cheek nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck.

"Finally" he said.

I sat at the kitchen table while George and Fred settled things up downstairs in the shop. I held onto the mug in my hands feeling something off. I hadn't realized how tight I was holding onto the cup as it broke in my hands. I looked at the cuts on my hand quickly picking up the mess. Billy ran in out of breath.

"Department of Mysteries" he said. "I saw Harry, Ron, Luna, Neville, Hermione and Ginny. They're in trouble, the Order has been alerted. Ron told them dad was being tortured."

"I would've felt it" I said.

"It has to be a trap" he said.

I ran to the closet in George and I's room pulling out a large black box. I lifted the top revealing a dark red suit.

"Where'd you get that?" He asked.

"Hank made it for me" I said.

I grabbed it shoving Billy out of the room as I put it on. I walked past him and down the stairs to find George.

"I'm coming with you" Billy said.

"You are not!" I said. "I can't risk something happening to you. I made the mistake of letting Alina come with me and now she's gone. I'm not making the same mistake, you hear me?"

"If dad's in trouble-" he said.

"I don't care. You stay here" I said.

George walked over confused.

"Nice suit" he smiled.

His smile faltered as he came closer.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I need to go to the Ministry" I said. "My dad might be in danger but I know they are."

"Who?" He asked.

"Ginny and Ron are with them at the Department of Mysteries" I said. "Make sure they stay here."

He nodded as I closed my eyes. I opened them as Lucius Malfoy glared at me. I twisted my hands throwing a psionic ball to him sending him to the wall. I ran over to my father as Bellatrix sent a spell his way.

"Avada kedavra!" She said.

"Dad" I said shakily. "No. No. No. No."

"I love you, my butterfly" he said as his body disappeared into the air.

I went to fall to my knees being caught by Remus as tears fell down my face. I screamed as a red dust left my body sending everybody to the walls. I looked up to Bellatrix as she laughed running down a hall with Harry running after her. Remus walked back over grabbing my shoulders as he let me cry into his chest.

"He's gone" I cried.

"It's okay" he whispered.

I wiped my tears looking for Ginny. I walked towards her wiping blood from her cheek.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, Nat" she said as her eyes watered.

She engulfed me in a hug as I took a deep breath. I controlled my breathing as Auror's ran in. A part of me wanted to check on Harry but the other wanted to be alone. I closed my eyes transporting to the shop. The second I got there I fell to my knees as Tommy slowly walked towards me noticing my eyes all puffy. Billy was behind him as the two began shaking their heads.

"He's gone" I muttered.

"No" Tommy said.

The two ran towards me as they slowly cried out.