Ch 40: The Stones

I glanced at Violet who was tapping her finger against her cup. I listened to the clicking of the clock as Molly walked in setting a pitcher of lemonade in the center.

"So Lily found her?" Violet asked.

"Yeah" I said. "They've been at the compound. There might've been some kind of development."

"And you didn't go?" She asked.

"No reason to" I said.

"You're hurting and I understand that but the world needs you" she said. "You can't give up."

I forced a smile looking down at my cup.

"They can handle it" I said.

"Nat" she said.

"I don't want to hear it" I said.

"So what?" She asked. "You're just going to sit here and mope?"

"You don't understand" I said.

"I don't know what it's like to lose someone like that but I think you should be there if there's a possibility to bring Tommy back. He didn't die so he's not completely gone."

"I had some harsh words with Steve before I left" I said. "I don't know if I can face her after what I did ."

"I'm sure she had her ways of grieving" she said.

I held my head as I fell to the ground.

I looked around to see my mother standing feet from me.

"You need to come to New York" she said.

"Why?" I asked.

"There may be a way to bring them back" she said. "To bring Tommy back."

I nodded.

I stood up looking around. I ran up the stairs to George's old room changing into jeans and a shirt. I closed my eyes transporting to New York. I looked at the compound taking a deep breath before walking in. I found it to be nearly the same as it was before with slight changes. I walked up the stairs to see a large number of people. I smiled looking at Lily who sat beside my mother. I looked at Steve who sat down with crossed arms.

"Steve" I said sitting down.

"Natalia" he nodded.

"So what did I miss?" I asked.

"Time travel" Scott said.

I looked between everybody.

"Seriously?" I asked. "Like actually time traveling?"

Scott and Tony went on to explain the logistics of it. I looked at them sighing.

"I didn't understand a single word either of you said so I'll just roll with it, I guess" I said.

"So the how works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where" Steve said. "Almost every one in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six infinity stones."

"Or substitute that with being damn near killed with one of the six infinity stones" Tony said.

"Well I haven't but I don't even know what the hell you're all even talking about" Scott said.

I smiled slightly looking at Clint.

"Lets start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Steve asked.

We all turned to our heads to Thor in the corner. He had dark sunglasses on and hadn't moved a muscle.

"Is he asleep?" My mother asked.

"No, no. Pretty sure he's dead" I said.

My mother smacked my arm as Thor sat up. He stood in front of everybody pointing to the hologram of the reality stone.

"Uh where to start? The Aether, firstly is not a stone. It's more of an angry sludge sort of thing" he said.

I turned to Clint as we made brief eye contact at Thor's rambling.

"So Jane actually. Oh there she is" he said moving the screen to Jane Foster. "Yeah so Jane is an old flame of mine."

"Someone should stop him" I whispered to Clint.

Tony grabbed onto Thor as we changed subjects to a different stone.

"Quill said he stole the stone from Morag" Rocket said.

"Is that a person?" Bruce asked.

"It's a planet" I said.

Rocket turned to me smiling.

"I like this one" he said.

"A planet like in outer space?" Scott asked eating his food.

"It's like a little puppy, happy and everything. You wanna go to space puppy? I'll take yo to space" Rocket said messing with Scott's hair.

I sat with my mother and Lily listening to Nebula talk of the soul stone.

"Thanos found the soul stone on Vormir" she said.

"What is Vormir?" Lily asked.

"A dominion of death at the very center of celestial existence" she said. "It's where Thanos murdered my sister."

"Not it" Scott said.

I turned my head to Scott rolling my eyes. I laid on the table twirling my pen in the air.

"Guys. If you pick the right year there are three stones in New York" I said.

"Shut the front door" Bruce said sitting up.

I stood next to Clint and Scott looking at the screen. The space, mind and time stone were all in New York, while the reality stone was in Asgard, power and soul stone were in space.

"All right. We have a plan. Six stones, three teams, one shot" Steve said.

All of us suited up in quantum suits that had the Avengers emblem in the upper left corner. Walking towards the large machine that was to take us back.