Ch 42: Endgame

I sat on a bench near the lake.

"Are you okay?" Bruce asked.

"Tommy is all I have left. If we can't bring them back her death means nothing" I said.

"We will bring them back" he said.

"And what if we don't?" I snapped. "I watched Alina and Billy get murdered by my own aunt. I killed her out of rage, I lost it. I have watched nearly my whole family die because of these wars between the worlds I live in."

He stood there not saying a word.

"If he doesn't come back, I give up" I said.

"We'll get through it" Lily said placing her hand on my back.

"We're ready" Tony yelled.

I walked past Bruce towards Tony. Standing in the lab I saw a gauntlet made of Tony's tech had the stones in it.

"So who's going to do it?" Rocket asked.

"I'll do it. Most of the stones energy is gamma, it's like I was made for this" Bruce said.

I stood next to Lily creating a force field around us as Bruce grabbed the gauntlet. He looked around before putting it on. It adjusted to his hand as his body glowed the colors of the stones.

"Do it, Banner!" Tony yelled.

He snapped his fingers and for a split second nothing was seen but a bright light. I took down the force field as Thor ran to Bruce's side.

"Did it work?" I asked.

Nobody said anything as I looked to Lily. Scott walked towards the window.

"Guys!" He said.

I looked over to him when an explosion went off. I felt myself lose consciousness.

"Anybody hear me!" I heard in my ear.

I slowly opened my eyes. I looked a round to see rubble and water dripping. I moved my body screaming out in pain. I looked at my leg to see part of my suit ripped and blood pouring out of my leg. I hovered my hand over the wound healing it.

"Hello!" I heard again.

I pressed the ear piece.

"I'm here" I said.

I realized I was sitting in a pool of water. I looked over to see Rocket in pain. I levitated the metal that had him stuck. I crawled over looking at his wound. I quickly healed it.

"How are we going to get out of here?" I asked.

"You've got cool powers do something with them" he said.

I held my arm out for him to crawl up my back. I slowly walked throughout the water. I found Bruce unconscious on the ground.

"Bruce!" I yelled.

He didn't move. I placed my hand over his head.

"Wake" I whispered.

His eye lids swung open.

"Get up" I said.

Rhodey ran towards us with Scott on his shoulder. Scott grew to normal size.

"I can get us out" he said.

We all nodded. Bruce and Rhodey grabbed his sides as Rocket climbed onto Rhodey's shoulder. Scott grew to his max size. I levitated my body out of the building to see portals opening. I brought my feet to the ground behind Steve. I turned around to see a portal open and familiar faces walking out of it. Remus and Violet were the first to walk out. I smiled seeing George along with his family behind him walk out. Wizards and witches I had gotten the pleasure to meet stood behind them nodding their heads to me. I turned back to see Thanos and an army behind him. I looked around to see hundreds of people from Wakanda, space and mutants. I nodded to Lily as her eyes began to glow.

"Avengers!" Steve yelled. "Assemble."

He screamed before running. I levitated my body flying towards a ship tearing it apart. I landed looking around before throwing psionic balls. I turned to see Proxima.

"You don't remember me do you?" I asked.

She looked at me disgusted.

"You'll die either way" I said.

I created a psionic rope tying her legs pulling her towards me. I let go of the rope creating a psionic sword sending it through her heart.

"Anyone see an ugly brown van out there?" Steve asked.

"Yeah but you're not gonna like where it's parked" Valkyrie said.

I created psionic swords with both hands cutting through the army.

"Give it to me, Clint!" I heard.

I turned my head to see Thanos running towards T'Challa. I levitated once more landing in front of him.

"You took her from me" I said.

"I don't even know who you are" he said.

"You will" I said.

I began levitating the large rocks near me sending them his way. He barely avoided them by hitting them with his sword. I threw psionic balls to him as he fell to the ground. He swung his sword to my body. I held my hands out as they glowed so the sword would not hit my body. He began putting all his strength, the sword began coming towards my body. I watched him smile. I tilted my head before throwing a psionic ball causing him to stumble back. My hand glowed as I levitated his body taking off his armor. I started closing my hand taking ahold of his mind.

"Reign fire!" He yelled.

I looked up as my body flew due to shots being fired from above. I stood up looking around when I saw him. I smiled as he ran to me. I held onto him tight as he began talking.

"It all happened so fast. Strange told me to get ready that you guys needed our help. And he did the yellow sparkly thing he does" Tommy rambled.

I grabbed his face.

"Where's mom?" He asked.

"It's not the time, Tommy" I said.

I saw Peter fall to the ground with the gauntlet. I watched as Carol flew through Thanos' ships destroying them. Carol landed directly in front of Peter. I levitated landing behind the two.

"I don't know how you're gonna get through all that" Peter said handing the gauntlet over to Carol.

"Don't worry" I said.

"She's got help" Okoye said.

I smiled as Lily, Hope, Shuri, Mantis and Pepper appeared. I threw a psionic ball before flying into the air. I held my hands out as they glowed tearing in half one of the ships. I landed onto the ground as Carol was thrown from the blast. I looked around for Tommy. I made eye contact with him as he ran towards me. I stood as Tony and Strange made eye contact. Tony grabbed onto the gauntlet before Thanos threw him.

"No" I whispered.

"I am inevitable" Thanos said snapping his fingers.

I closed my eyes holding onto Tommy. I opened the back up to see Tony with the stones in his suit.

"And I. Am... Iron Man" he said snapping his fingers.

I looked around as Thanos' ships and army began turning to dust. I kissed Tommy on his head before letting him go. Tony laid on a rock as Peter ran to him.

"Mister Stark, can you hear me? Hey. We won. We won, Mister Stark" he said.

Pepper grabbed onto him kneeling to Tony.

"Tony? Look at me" she said. "We're gonna be okay. You can rest now."

His arc reactor light slowly turned off. Steve was the first to kneel down. I watched as every single Avenger kneeled before Tony. A God, super soldier and a king all kneeled down for a mere mortal. Tommy began to kneel when I grabbed his arm stopping him from doing so.

Lily ran over realizing what Tony had done. I walked away as Tommy followed me.

"She's dead" I whispered. "She died for a chance that you could come back."

Tommy fell to his knees as tears fell from his face. I grabbed onto his and Lily's arms transporting us.