Ch 27: Third Task

I stared at my reflection slowly pulling my hair into a binder. I took a deep breath walking out to the room. I pulled on my boots sitting on my bed. I felt myself lose consciousness.

I looked around staring at my mother.

"I'm proud of you, Natalia" she smiled.

She looked down at my Gryffindor jersey.

"Protect her, she'll need it. She's not as strong as you are" she said. "It's not about who wins, its about you and Alina making it out alive."

I nodded my head agreeing.

"Mom" I said. "He escaped."

"What?" She said.

I looked down.

"Dad's at Grimmauld Place" I said.

Her eyes went wide as a smile twitched

"I-I have to see him" she said.

I smiled nodding.

I sat up looking around. I quickly walked out of the room to find the common room empty. I walked to the Great Hall in utter silence. Walking through the doors all eyes were on me. I sat across from Violet who was picking at her food.

"You only have minutes before you go" she said.

"Talking with my mom" I said.

She smiled turning to Fred who ignored her presence. George walked over kissing my forehead.

"You got this" he whispered.

I took a deep breath smiling.

McGonagall appeared standing near the doors.

"Champions follow me" she said.

I turned around to the table to see Billy get up as the table cheered. I locked eyes with Tommy who looked scared, I smiled before following McGonagall out to the pitch. I took a deep breath turning to Alina who was twitching. Turning back to the vines Ludo Bagman began to talk.

"Natalia Black and Harry Potter will be the first to go in!" He yelled.

I walked towards the hole walking through. Looking around, the maze was cold and damp. Sometime later a spark was sent my way. I dodged it looking up. Viktor walked towards me with his eyes cloudy. I tilted my head slightly as he threw another sending me to the ground. I clutched my stomach standing up. I threw a psionic ball narrowly missing him. I heard an all too familiar scream.

"Alina" I whispered.

I levitated Viktor's body throwing him across the maze. I began running until I found Alina on the ground with her leg bloodied. I kneeled down hovering my hand over the cut.

"I can't heal it" I said.

I looked over my shoulder to see a large spider running towards us. I held my hand out.

"Glacius!" I yelled.

The spider turned to ice. I threw a red psionic ball turning the spider into thousands of pieces. I looked back down to Alina kneeling beside her once more.

"You need to go" I said.

"Not without you" she said.

"Go, Alina. Now" I said.

"There's something wrong here. I know you can feel it" she said. "I won't go without you."

"If something happens to you-" I started.