Ch 26: Second Task

I sighed getting out of bed. Quickly I put my dark maroon bathing suit on pulling on sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Walking down the steps majority of the students had already made it to the docks. Violet sat on the couch waiting.

"Ready?" She asked.

I nodded as we left the common room.

"You seen Billy today?" I asked.

"Nope" she said. "He wasn't at breakfast."

I turned around as George ran up behind me nearly knocking me over.

"Good luck" he whispered kissing my cheek.

"Thanks" I said.

As we neared the boats he helped Violet and I get on.

"Nervous?" He asked.

"Not really" I said. "I already know it's going to be cold."

Nearing the dock Alina was standing with the other champions. I smiled approaching her.

"Good luck" I said.

She smiled mouthing 'you too'.

"The champions will be given an hour to retrieve their stolen treasures" Ludo said.

I stared at him as I put a force field around my head. I watched as Alina took her wand placing a bubble head charm around her head.

"Go!" He yelled.

Soon we were in the water going our separate ways. I swam and swam until I was near the bottom. I looked around feeling a presence. I turned around as the presence was now gone. I decided to swim through sea weed. Continuing I found five bodies being tied down. I swam closer to the bodies recognizing all of them but the young girl at the end. I looked between Tommy and Billy's bodies. I floated between the two now as mer-people surrounded us with some type of swords. I looked at the small watch on my wrist looking around. I created a psionic sword slashing the rope holding down Tommy as his body slowly began floating to the surface. I began to do the same to Billy's rope when a sword was put to my throat.

"Only one" they hissed.

I took a look at Billy before swimming up to the surface. Once I reached the surface cheers erupted. I swam towards the dock climbing up the ladder as George wrapped his arms around me.

"Billy's down there" I whispered.

I turned to Tommy who was being comforted by Violet.

"I hope they come back soon" I said.

I walked to Tommy grabbing a towel, wrapping it around his body.

"You okay?" I asked.

He nodded his head wiping the water off from his face. I noticed Fleur was already back but without her person. That young girl down there had to of been her person to save. Soon Viktor had came up with Hermione. Alina and Billy soon were swimming towards the dock. I grabbed them both as they climbed up the ladder.

"Finally" I said.

Nearly everyone watched the water as Harry was the last champion and time was running out. A body reached the surface but it was not Harry or Ron's, it was the young girl. She swam to the stairs as I helped her up giving her the towel that was wrapped around me. She ran to Fleur. Fleur slightly smiled at me. Ron not long after came up. Once he got to the stairs I spoke to him.

"Where's Harry?" I asked.

"I-I don't know" he said turning to the water.

I looked back to the water when Harry finally came up catching his breath. He swam to the dock and I instantly hugged him when he came up.

"You scared me" I said and ruffled his hair.

He smiled and hugged me back. It was now time for placement. In last was Fleur once again, then Alina, then Viktor. Harry and I were joint first place winners. I looked over at him and smiled.

"Good job" I whispered as we made our way back to the castle. "But you scared me."

I went back to my room to take a shower. I was washing my hair when I heard someone humming on the outside of the shower curtain. I peaked out to see George leaning against the closed door.

"How did you get up here?" I asked.

"A trickster never tells his secrets" he said.

"Can I shower in peace?" I asked.

"Yes" he smiled. "Party downstairs in twenty."

"For?" I asked.

"What do you think" he said. "I'll be waiting on your bed."

I heard the door open and close. I continued on with my shower slowly turning the water off. I sighed looking at the neatly folded clothes on the toilet seat. I smiled realizing the shirt on top was George's quidditch jumper. I pulled on the leggings before putting the jumper on. I laughed at how big it was on me. I walked out of the bathroom smiling at George.

"I reckon you look extremely good in that" he said sitting up.

"Better than you in it" I smiled.

"I love you, Natalia" he said.

"I know" I laughed.

He smirked walking over before throwing me over his shoulder running out of the room. He walked down the stairs as the Gryffindors cheered. He set me down, kissing my cheek.

"Our champion!" He yelled.

"Our champion!" They repeated.

I smiled looking up to him. Hours later George and I found ourselves sitting outside of the fat lady staring at one another.

"I think you could win this" he said.

"I don't really care about winning" I said. "I just want Alina to be safe. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to her and I could've prevented it."

"You keep saying something is going to happen" he said.

"I'm the daughter of one of the most powerful mutants to exist, regardless of what happens I am a target. Alina, Tommy, Billy all targets" I said. "It doesn't help I'm a Black. I would give my life if it meant they live."

"Please don't say that" he said.

"They're kids" I said as my eyes watered. "They're innocent. They deserve to live a life."

"You deserve one too" he said.

"Unfortunately heroes don't have much of a life" I said.

"What about us?" He asked. "Our life together, New Jersey."

I looked down wiping the tear that fell down my face.

"I want nothing more than to grow old with you in New Jersey" I said.

"Don't leave me" he said.

I looked up examining his face.

"Okay" I whispered.

He grabbed my hand putting it to his head.

"What do you see? Feel?" He asked

"I only feel you" I said softly. "Only you."

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me onto his lap.