Ch 39: Aftermath

"How did you find me?" I asked.

"You are my blood, we are all connected" she said. "I felt it when you turned dark. Our minds are all intertwined. If your mother had wanted to she would've found you first."

"Does she know?" I asked.

"No" she said. "Like yourself, she grieved but in a different way. She closed herself off from everyone especially after finding out Sirius was gone."

"So what now?" I asked.

"Nobody knows it was you who slaughtered those mutants besides myself, Violet, Charles and Hank" she said. "You still need to be held accountable for what you did but I'm afraid to say I would've done the same."

I looked around at the trees.

"Are you leaving?" I asked.

"No" she said. "I've been in hiding too long, it's my time to finally come to light."

"I think you should see Harry" I said.

"When the timings right" she said. "I need to find my sister first."

I nodded as she grabbed my hand. Everything began to spin as we apparated to Diagon Alley. I took a deep breath walking towards the shop.

"I don't know if I can do it" I said.

"They love you, they're not going to judge you for your actions" she said.

I turned the knob looking at the dozens of customers as I caught sight of George smiling with a customer. He looked over as our eyes locked. He dropped the product he had in hand quickly picking it up setting it onto the counter, running towards me. I smiled as he wrapped his arms around my body.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

"I'm sorry" he said. "I wasn't there."

I looked up with tears in my eyes as he crashed his lips onto mine. As we let go I saw Violet walking down the stairs smiling. She ran over as hugged each other.

"I wasn't going to let them kill you" she said. "I helped Lily find you. Charles wanted you dead."

"I know" I said.

"I don't care what you've done or what you will do" she said. "I'll be by your side."

"Until the end" I smiled.

"I should get going" Lily said.

I turned around as Lily smiled.

"I need to get to Wanda" she said.

I nodded agreeing. She walked over embracing me.

"I'll see you soon" she whispered.

She waved goodbye to George and Violet before apparating. I looked to George smiling grabbing onto his neck.

"I missed you" he said.

"I know" I smiled.

I walked to the back looking to my left to see the room Billy and Tommy used to share. I turned around as Fred walked towards me.

"You probably shouldn't go in there" he said.

"Yeah" I said.

"Listen, I'm sorry, Nat" he said. "I don't blame you. I would be a mess if I lost any of my siblings."

"I don't regret killing her, as much as Lily tried to convince me that it wasn't right" I said. "However, I can't turn back time and show mercy to those innocent mutants. I took their lives like they meant nothing, just like Jean did to Billy and Alina. Lily's right, I'm just as bad as her."

"You couldn't control it" he said.

"I let the Phoenix Force take over" I said. "That's why I need to get rid of it."

"How?" He asked.

"The only person who I know is strong enough to handle it" I said turning around to Violet.

"No" he said. "What if it goes wrong and I lose her?"

"She's the only person who has the power to hold it" I said. "I'm not going to do it without her consent but you can't make that decision for her. I know you love her Fred but you don't understand. She's stronger than you realize, she's one of the most powerful mutants alive right now."

Violet walked over realizing we were talking about her.

"What?" She asked.

I pulled her up the stairs as we sat across from another at the kitchen table.

"I hate to ask this-" I started.

"You want to transfer the Phoenix Force to me?" She asked.

I looked up nodding.

"I don't want you to feel pressured to do this" I said.

"I'll do it" she said.

"Vi, I want you to actually think about it" I said.

"I don't need to" she said. "I know I can handle it. And I'm flattered to know you think I'm a powerful mutant."

I laughed looking down.

"It's true" I said. "I don't think, I know."

"I can handle it" she said.

I nodded as she stood up. I took a deep breath standing directly in front of her. I held my hands out as she placed hers in mine. I closed my eyes feeling the energy leave me body as Violet began screaming. I tried to let her hands go as she held tighter.

"I can take it" she said.

I fell to the ground as Fred ran to Violet. I looked up catching my breath while he held her face. She held her hand out as a white ball appeared.

"You did it" I said slowly getting up.

"I can feel it throughout my whole body" she said.

I smiled watching her create a diamond sword.