Ch 36: Killing Thanos

I looked between my mother and Steve.

"You think she'll be back soon?" I asked.

Steve glanced towards me slightly nodding. There was a loud noise outside causing us to run out. I watched as Carol lowered down her body carrying the ship. I smiled at her as the door opened. Nebula walked off towards Rocket. Pepper ran to Tony as he began to fall.

"Oh my god!" She said.

"I lost the kid" Tony said as Steve approached him.

"We lost, Tony" he said.

The following day we all stood as the faces closest to us appeared on the telescreens, flipping from Strange to Tommy. I closed my eyes as I saw the boys face.

"What are we going to do?" I asked with my arms crossed.

Steve seemed to ignore my question as Tony walked in. The two began a verbal fight. Rocket then decided to interrupt.

"There as an energy signature same to when the stones were used several days ago" he said.

He pulled up a sort of map showing the energy signature.

"He's there" Thor said.

I looked at the people who stood there with me. Everybody here had lost someone close to them because of Thanos.

"Let's kill him" I said.

"I'll stay here with Tony" my mother said. "Pepper needs someone."

I nodded suiting up. As we boarded the ship Rocket turned to me.

"I knew someone who would have really liked you, kid" he said.

I smiled as I sat down.

"Any of you been to space?" Rocket asked.

I looked around as only Carol raised her hand.

"Don't throw up in my ship" he mumbled.

Sometime later Carol stood up.

"I'll check out the security system" she said getting off the ship.

We all watched as she was now in front of the shop flying.

"There's nothing. It's just him" she said.

Rocket slowly landed the plane. I looked around at the fields as Steve began talking of the plan. As the others walked away Steve grabbed my arm.

"You don't have to do this" he said.

"He's the reason Tommy is gone" I said.

I flew into the sky looking down at the small house. I closed my eyes before throwing a psionic ball to the roof landing inside. I created psionic ropes wrapping them around his neck pulling his body to the ground. Bruce and Rhodes came in holding his arms down. Steve walked in with Carol and Thor by his side.

"Where are the stones?" He asked.

"Answer the question" I said tightening the rope.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones" Thanos muttered.

I slowly let my grip go as my heart caved in. Thor walked up to to him with his new hammer in hand cutting Thanos' head off. I turned to Nebula who had a blank stare watching her only father be murdered the same why he had done to thousands. I walked out of the small cottage going straight to the ship. The way back to Earth was silent. A needle being dropped could be heard if one tried.

Getting off the ship I fell into my mothers arms. I cried and cried realizing we had failed. There was no bringing them back, not without the stones. And now the stones were a memory. She grabbed onto my face looking into my eyes.

"We'll bring him back, baby" she smiled as tears fell down her face.

"The stones are gone" I whispered.

I turned around to Steve.

"We lost because you couldn't stick together. I know the Accords weren't what you wanted. But if you had sucked it up for once in your life, my brother would still be here" I said.

He stood there not saying a word.

"Tony was right, you don't deserve that shield" I said walking inside.

"I tried my best!" He snapped. "At least I can say that!"

"I was a child! Treated as a weapon! I didn't get to have a normal childhood like you, Steve. I was trained like a soldier at the age of five!" I yelled. "So don't sit here and tell me I didn't do enough! Billy died in my arms, I held Tommy in my arms as he turned to dust, Alina is dead! I've lost nearly all of my family because of this!"

I turned back around instinctively throwing a psionic ball to him. He quickly grabbed the shield barely blocking it.

"Just know you are the reason everybody is gone" I said.

I closed my eyes transporting to the first place I could think of. I looked at the headstone of Alina as something switched inside me. I took a deep breath closing my eyes, reopening them with one thing on my mind. I was going to kill Jean Grey.