Ch 9: Slytherin vs Gryffindor

Screaming filled my head as I put my hands on either side to stop the voices.

"You don't deserve the power of gods"

"She deserved to die"

"Let me go"

"Stop it!" I screamed.

The screams ceased as the lights flickered on. I looked around the room to see a young Jean sitting on a cotton bed. She glared at the wall as Charles came into the room in a wheelchair.

I tilted my head as she questioned whether he was a doctor. He was very calm talking to her, I realized I was watching the aftermath unfold after she had killed her adotpive parents.

"That day was a real drag" someone said behind me.

I turned around being faced with present day Jean.

"How are you inside my head?" I asked.

"You may be a powerful telepath, little miss Natalia. But mine outpowers yours" she said.

"What do you want" I said.

"I want the Phoenix Force, all of it" she said.

"No" I said.

"You don't deserve it!" She yelled as her face began to crack.

I created a psionic sword before she vanished.

"Nat!" Someone yelled.

I sat up grabbing onto their arm. I looked at Violet who slowly backed away.

"What?" I asked.

"Harry's looking for you" she said.

I took a deep breath walking towards the bathroom.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I had a dream with my aunt in it" I said. "My aunt Jean."

"Jean Grey?" She said. "Charles has a picture of her in his office."

"Yeah" I said. "I think he can't let go of the fact that he failed her."

I brushed my hair, quickly changing. I walked out of the common room looking around as Harry ran towards me talking with jumbled words.

"Woah slow down!" I yelled.

"I'm. On. The. Quidditch. Team" he said.

My eyes went wide at his words.

"What? How? First years don't make the team" I said.

"McGonagall put me on the team" he said. "She said they needed a new seeker."

"Um yeah after Charlie graduated last year, I heard Oliver's been frantically looking for a new seeker" I said. "Is that what you needed to tell me?"

"I already told Tommy and Billy, and Alina already knew somehow from Flint" he said.

"Back it up, why would Flint tell Alina?" I asked. "And how did the Slytherins already find out?"

His eyes went wide as he looked everywhere but my eyes.

"I guess she had tried out and made Slytherin" he said. "She thought you'd be mad."

"I'm not mad" I said forcing a smile.

"See that looks like you're mad" he said.

"Fred and George were helping her prepare for tryouts" he said.