Ch 20: Tri-Wizard Tournament

I sat at the table across from my father as I tapped my fingers.

"Please stop" he said.

I put my hands on my head.

"Not enough sleep?" He asked.

"I don't know" I said.

"You can talk to me" he said.

"I know, I just don't know what to say" I said.

Alina and Billy walked in with their trunks in hand. Billy came in seconds later setting his down.

"We're going to be late" Alina said.

I stood up walking around the table giving our father a hug, the others doing the same as I went to get my trunk. I walked back into the kitchen as they all grabbed onto my arms. I smiled at our father before closing my eyes. The three of them ran through the wall as I stood there staring back at it. A part of me didn't want to run through the wall. I turned my head to the clock, I took a deep breath running though. I looked in nearly every compartment looking for Violet. George walked out of the last one smiling.

"I was going to look for you" he said.

"And here I am" I smiled. "Where's Violet?"

"She decided to sit with Luna" he said.

"Oh, good" I said.

I followed him to the compartment as him and Fred went on and on about wanting to open their joke shop. The entire ride to the castle I barely spoke. As the train stopped I slowly followed George and Fred to the castle. I turned my head to Violet running towards me.

"I missed you" she whispered.

"Me too" I said.

Students began looking outside as Violet and I ignored everyone's lingering outside.

"Fred told me about Tommy, how's he doing?" She asked.

"A lot better" I said. "He just recently started using his powers again."

"That's good, right?" She said. "I need to tell you something."

I looked at her as George put his arm around me.

"Later" she said.

I sat beside Violet who looked jittery.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She nodded.

The first years were quickly sorted as Dumbledore stood in front of the students.

"Well now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home for this year, but home to some very special guests as well" he said. "You see Hogwarts has been chosen-"

Filch ran across the hall whispering something to Dumbledore.

"So, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event, the Tri-Wizard Tournament" he said.

I turned to Violet who had wide eyes.

"Now for those of you who do not know the Tri-Wizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint hearted. But more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress,Madame Maxime."

A dozen of beautiful girls walked through the doors with blue uniforms on. They all looked to their right sighing while holding their right arm out.

"You've got to be kidding me" Violet said.

I looked across the table as George and Fred were too preoccupied with the trinket in front of them to pay any mind to the girls. I smiled looking back to them as everyone clapped. I rolled my eyes as others whistled.

"And now our friends from the north. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master, Igor Karkaroff" Dumbledore yelled.

We all turned out heads as they came in with sticks in hand doing a little show. As dinner went on I picked at my food.

"Attention please!" Dumbledore said. "I'd like to say a few words. Eternal glory. That is what awaits the student who wins the Tri-Wizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks."

"Wicked" George and Fred said.

"For this reason the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain this rule Mister Bartemius Crouch" he continued.

"After due consideration the Ministry has concluded that, for their own safety, no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name" Barty said.

Students began booing as Dumbledore ordered silence. He held his wand up as a goblet appeared, blue fire erupted from the top of it.

"The Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament, need only write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly. If chosen, there's no turning back. As from this moment, the Tri-Wizard Tournament has begun" he said.

After dinner Violet grabbed my arm the moment we walked out of the great hall.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I asked.

"Charles has gotten word that Jean has completely resurfaced" she said. "She's been gathering mutants to join her."

"I knew it" I said. "I knew something bad was going to happen, the tournament and now this?"

"We need to be prepared" she said.

I nodded agreeing. I looked over her shoulder to see George and Fred waiting for us. Fred put Violet over his shoulders running off as I smiled.

"So" George said.

"I told you something was wrong" I said.

"This tournament doesn't mean something will happen" he said.

"You heard Dumbledore" I said. "Three dangerous tasks."

"Nat" he sighed.

"You know I'm right" I said. "You just don't want to admit it."

"Nothing is going to happen" he said.

I shook my head walking away. He grabbed my arm pulling me back.

"It'll be okay" he said.

"It won't" I said. "I can feel it."

He wrapped his arms around me rubbing circles on my back.