• one •

Hola everyone~
This is my first haikyuu x male! reader fic so don't expect anything exciting.
Still I hope you enjoy this fic :)

(H/c) - hair colour
(E/c) - eye colour
(S/c) - skin colour
(R/n) - random name

_____

• one •

Fulfilling.

That’s all Volleyball ever was.

A sport that sent shivers down one’s spine.

A sport that always made one excited, always having that “rush of adrenalin” feeling and the phenomenal feeling of meeting a new, strong opponent to take down.

To connect and to get stronger together.

A sport one loved so much.

_____

“And here he comes, number one coming in from the left!” The commentator exclaims as the figure before them jumped before the wall in front of him. His arm motioned in a swing, the palm of his hand making contact with the ball. His arm twisted and the ball flew parallel to the net just missing the libero of the opposing team.

“And he makes another shot! We have seen him make the impossible, possible and today we see that he can go beyond!” The commentator grins as the crowd cheers and the sound of the cheering squad screaming out their chants.

“Yes, even though they’re falling behind by a bit he definitely defines hope itself. A true ace!” the commentator beside the very much hyped commentator added with a smile.

“This kid is definitely going to be able to make it big!”

“Yes, and the crowd loves him.” The other chuckled at the wild cheers of the crowd.

_____

“We lost... I can’t believe... we lost...” a petite, black spikey-haired teen male spoke as he choked back his tears. “After we tried so hard...” he turned to look at the male slumped on the bench, towel over his head. “You're the ace! You’re the captain and we still lost! Aren’t you supposed to be some sort of big shot?!”

“R-Rintarou-san, please take it easy. Not everyone can be the best, even the best of the best.” A slightly taller male said as his eyes landed on their ace and captain, a frown forming on his pale face.

“Shut up! Maybe if it weren’t for him, we would’ve won and advanced to the next round!” Rintarou growled.

Before he could speak more words, the sound of the bench being kicked against the wall echoed through the long empty hallway. Rintarou froze and looked at the silent male.