• ten •

A/N: tysm for 1K everyone! wkrowkdndkfjgk

Feel free to critique my writing! I'm open to ways where/how I can improve my writing!

(H/c) - hair colour
(E/c) - eye colour
(S/c) - skin colour
(R/n) - random name

_____

• ten •

That night, (m/n) laid on his futon, wide awake. He had been waiting for almost an hour. He wanted to make sure that everyone was asleep before leaving to meet up with his childhood friends at penalty hill. Once he was sure that everyone was fast asleep, as quickly and quietly as he could, he snuck out of the room and headed out of the building.

(M/n) arrived at the hill, the cold air prickling his skin making him shiver a little. I probably should’ve brought my jacket with me. He thought as he sat down on the grass, admiring the stars.

“(n/n)!” A bubbly voiced called out, catching (m/n)’s attention.

(M/n) turned to meet his two childhood friends approaching him.

“Glad you could make it.” Akaashi said, smiling a little.

“Yeah,” Yaku nodded, “and sorry for dragging you out here so late.”

(M/n) bashfully chuckled and waved his hands in front of him.

“No, its fine—really,” he spoke, “so... why'd you ask me to come out here?”

Akaashi and Yaku looked at one another before nodding, which left (m/n) to raise an eyebrow.

“We... talked with Rei,” Akaashi began, “we both knew that something was going on with you.”

“You told us, at two different times, that you were moving to Miyagi. You also told us you didn’t play volleyball anymore.” Yaku pointed out.

“We both know that’s something you would never say, not in a million years.” Akaashi commented.

(M/n) looked at his two best friends and looked down at the ground.

“And? What did Rei say?” (m/n) asked.

“He didn’t tell us anything,” Akaashi answered, “all he told us was that it’s all up to you to tell us what happened.”

“He told us to tell you “He hopes the decision you make is something you won’t end up regretting, even when you’re a wrinkly old man, or even bones".” Yaku said.

(M/n) weakly laughed, “sounds just like him.” He commented.

“(n/n) we've been friends for thirteen years,” Akaashi softly spoke as he placed his hand on (m/n)’s shoulder, “whatever reason you had to hide away and quit volleyball, we won’t judge. We'll wait for you to tell us when you’re ready.”

“However, we do hope you end up playing volleyball again,” Yaku said, “whatever you’re running away from will eventually come back. You can’t keep running away from something.”

Yaku walked up to (m/n) and hugged him with Akaashi joining the hug as well.

“We'll support you no matter what!” Yaku grinned.

“And—we hope to see you shine on the court once more, (n/n).” Akaashi smiled.

(M/n) stared at his two best friends, his lips curled into a smile as he looked down at his hand before curling it into a fist, a slightly guilty face mixed with sadness formed on his usually calm and happy face.

“I’m... sorry for having worried you guys about me, that’s something I never intend to do.” (m/n) lightly laughed. “You guys know how much I love you guys, you’ve known me for so many years and I’ve told you everything—but this time, I’m sorry.”

“There’s nothing for you to be sorry about, (n/n).” Yaku exclaimed in a slight panic as he saw tears form in the corner of (m/n)’s eyes.

“We'll always wait, and we’ll always have your back. That’s what friends are for!” Akaashi proclaimed.

I don’t deserve these guys now do I? Even after all the stuff I’ve through as a child... they’re still willing to stand beside him and even protect me, even when people bullied me. (M/n) thought as memories flashed into his mind.

(M/n) approached his two friends and brought them into a hug. The two didn’t question him and returned the gesture. They stood in place, hugging each other for a solid minute. First Rei, now them... (m/n) thought and took a deep breath. I'll give it one last shot. I hope everything... will be different this time.

“Then... I hope I can face you guys on the court someday, again!” (m/n) grinned as he raised his fist.

The two looked at each other and smiled, nodding. They fist bumped (m/n).

“Yeah!” They yelled in unison.