• sixteen •

Feel free to critique my writing! I'm open to ways where/how I can improve my writing!

(H/c) - hair colour
(E/c) - eye colour
(S/c) - skin colour
(R/n) - random name
(F/n) - favourite number

_____

• sixteen •

• sixteen •

Its hand wrapped around his arm, gripping onto it tightly, never wanting to let go as if telling him, “I’m still here.”

“(m/n) you, okay?” Sugawara asked with concern written all over his face.

(m/n) raised his head, his face a little pale as if he had just witnessed a ghost pass by. Cold sweat slid down the side of his cheek as he gripped onto the volleyball tightly. He swallowed hard and slowly nodded, barely managing to put up a small smile. Sugawara looked at (m/n) clearly not falling for his lie.

“(m/n) you— “

“Alright everyone gather!” Daichi yelled catching everyone’s attention. They quickly put the balls back into the trolley and walked up to their Coach and supervisor.

“Ooh!! Look at (m/n)’s new kicks!!” Hinata beamed as his eyes sparkled at the shoes.

(M/n) chuckled and ruffled Hinata’s hair, “you’ve been saying that since we got on the bus Hina-chin.” He commented.

Hinata blushed and looked away in embarrassment, “w-well... because they look s-so cool and all...” he muttered.

“It’s alright Hina-chin! Now come on, let’s go join our team and watch the other matches that are going on.” (m/n) urged as he grabbed Hinata’s hand and quickly made their way over to their teammates with (m/n) unaware of the blushing mess that once resembled Hinata. As soon as he came to a stop, he turned around to find Hinata blushing profusely. “You okay Hina-chin?? Did I run too fast? Are you sick??” (m/n) asked, panic stricken as he leaned closer to Hinata making Hinata turn even more red, if it was even possible.

“I think you need to step back before you kill him (m/n).” Daichi smiled, a little jealousy rolling off his tone.

“Ah! Did I hurt him??” (m/n) asked, almost at the point of tears.

“No, no! You didn’t come on, let’s take a seat.” Sugawara urged as he grabbed (m/n) by his shoulders and forced him to sit beside Nishinoya and Ennoshita.

_____

All three games finished in no time and once Yamaguchi and Hinata had informed the third years of the game that was occurring. They quickly headed out as soon as Datekou’s game had finished. Daichi had gone off to decide with the referee and Jouzenji’s captain who would get to start. The team continued their warmups, receiving the other school’s ball.

“Ah, sorry could you get that?” A member from the team asked.

(m/n) grabbed the stray ball and handed in to the player, “here ya’ go—!”

“How’s it goin’… Mr. Hotshot?”
(m/n) froze as he looked to meet Rintarou Numajiri. His cold hard gaze submitting (m/n) into his fear. He felt its hand take his other arm, it coiled around his body, dragging him back into his forgotten fears.

It suffocated him.

“You look like you’re havin’ some fun, you controlling this team well? You winning? You meeting their expectations? Scoring all the points for them?” Rintarou asked, a smirk plastered on his face, “heard your team lost against Aoba Johsai a few months back.”

(m/n) gulped and looked down at the ground, “don’t go losing your cool, okay? A captain and ace should always remain composed.” Rintarou sneered as he patted (m/n) on the shoulder before walking off to join the rest of his team.

Heavy breaths escaped (m/n) as soon as Rintarou left.

It was truly suffocating.
“(m/n)! We gotta gather—? You, okay?” Narita asked.

The (brunet, albino, ginger etc) looked at Narita and slowly nodded before turning on his heel and left to join the team with Narita following close behind him.

“Alright, you all look all ready to go! (m/n), let’s start this match at full throttle!” Ukai said as he glanced over at (m/n) who nodded. “Karasuno fight!”

“Osu!”

The team walked onto the court in their respective positions, waiting for the whistle to blow. As soon as the whistle blew, Jouzenji prepared themselves to receive (m/n)’s serve. (M/n) took a few steps away from the baseline of the court and turned to face everyone. He bounced the ball a couple of times before holding it before his face, his forehead resting against its hard surface. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in.

Ukai’s eyebrows furrowed. Did he always know how to do a jump serve? From the looks of it, it seems natural for him to this “routine"... Ukai thought as the whistle blew.