• two •

(H/c) - hair colour
(E/c) - eye colour
(S/c) - skin colour
(R/n) - random name

_____

• two •

“Ne! Ne! Captain!” Hinata called out to the tall, beefy thighed male who had just entered the gym on time for practice, as usual. “Kageyama and I found these two really good Volleyball players, but one of them is new to the sport but his spikes were so strong and powerful the shot basically echoed outside of the gym.”

“Slow down there, Hinata.” Sugawara chuckled at the clearly excited ginger head.

“Boke they weren’t that good so calm down and practice your receives!” Kageyama yelled from the other side of the gym.

“Practice your receives over here with me Shoyo!!” Nishinoya excitedly yelled as he jumped up and down.

“’Kay! But Captain, they were both good. Especially the other one!” Hinata smiled.

“Maybe we can see them play at training, what do you say Daichi?” Sugawara suggested. Daichi looked at Sugawara then at Hinata, he sighed and smiled.

“Alright, see if they can come to training after school.” Daichi stated and clapped his hands to get everyone’s attention.

“Ok everyone! Gather!” He ordered.

_____

Hinata dashed out of his class as soon as the lunch bell rang. He passed Kageyama’s classroom and ignored the sound of his best friend scream out his very well-known catchphrase, ‘boke Hinata boke!’. Hinata had gotten out of the building and only then had he realised the hole in his plan.

He had no idea where to find (m/n).

Ah what do I do?! I don’t know what class he's in. Hinata’s mind had initiated full panic mode. How am I supposed to invite them if I don’t even know where to find them. Maybe I could just walk around until I find them? Yeah that sounds like a good back up plan! Satisfied with his so-called plan, Hinata set out to find him, and Rei.

Let’s not forget Rei.

After a very, very long time of wandering around the area Hinata was losing hope. He sat down under a tree, looking more pale than a sheet of paper.

I can’t find him at all... Hinata thought.

“Oh! Shrimpy from yesterday!” The familiar tone made Hinata’s ears perk like a dog’s ears. Hinata jerked his head to meet (m/n) running up towards him with a big grin.

“(l/n)-san!!” Hinata exclaimed as he jumped to his feet and ran up to him. “I’ve been looking all over for you!!” Hinata smiled making the (h/c) haired male stare at him in confusion. “I asked my captain earlier and asked if you could come to training after school!!”

(M/n) let out a nervous chuckle, “a-are you sure... he’ll let me play...?” he asked.

“Yeah! And your other friend! Uh... actually... I don’t think I got his name.” Hinata said with a slightly guilt face.

“Ah, don’t pay attention to him. He’s a nobody.” (m/n) bluntly stated.

Meanwhile, Rei sneezed. Is someone trash talking me? The raven head asked himself.

“Well, would you like to come and join us?!” Hinata asked, clearly excited and already expecting the answer to be ‘yes’.

“Sure.” (m/n) blurted out. Wait... did I just agree to play!? (M/n) thought. “W-Wait... um, a-are you sure it’s ok? I-I mean, I’m completely new to the sport and all that... and uh yeah...” (m/n) trailed as he kept his eyes glued to the ground.

“Of course! It’d be nice to have you around! You looked so cool when you went in for the spike yesterday and that sound when the ball hit the floor it was like ‘kaboom’!” Hinata exclaimed as he motioned his arm in a spiking motion and made weird hand gestures to emphasise the scene from yesterday.

(M/n) stared at the smaller male in slight shock. No one had ever said something so nice to him before. It made it hard for him to believe that something so genuine that came from a person he had just met moved him deeply. His lips curled into a small smile as he ruffled Hinata’s fluffy orange hair.

“Thanks!” (m/n) said.

Hinata looked at (m/n) his brown eyes shined at the smiling image of the taller boy before him. Hinata could’ve sworn his heart had skipped a beat. Of course, he had denied the ridiculous thought and shook it off.

“I’ll see you after school then! Ah! I didn’t get your name yesterday!” (M/n) said as he had begun to run down the hill.

“I’m Hinata Shoyo, first year and middle blocker.” Hinata proudly stated.

“Ah  then... then how about Hina-chin as your nickname? Or is that too weird...? Maybe I should stick with maybe Shrimpy or So-chin...?” (m/n) muttered to himself.

Hinata blushed at the nickname. He had never heard anyone call him ‘Hina-chin' before. It was new, and he loved it. A broad grin surfaced on his face.