• twenty-four •

Feel free to critique my writing! I'm open to ways where/how I can improve my writing!

(H/c) - hair colour
(E/c) - eye colour
(S/c) - skin colour
(R/n) - random name

_____

• twenty-four •

• twenty-four •

Silence enveloped the court.

Daichi stared, wide-eyed, at the floor as to where the ball had just landed. Nishinoya stayed in place, frozen, his eyes also wide in disbelief. (m/n) cursed under his breath, knowing full-well that his hunch had been correct all along. He glanced over to Oikawa and gritted his teeth. Cocky bastard. (M/n) thought, a vein appearing on his forehead.

Even though the setter had missed his serve, it had still affected the team.

Oikawa smiled as he stared at (m/n). You expected it... but you weren't prepared. The brunet thought as he made his way back to his position, still a little upset that he had missed his serve. (m/n) took a deep breath. Stay calm. He told himself and turned to Daichi, patting his shoulder with a reassuring smile surfacing on his (pale, freckled, tan etc) complexion. Daichi smiled a little, understanding what (m/n) was trying to do and nodded, turning to the slightly shaken up team.

"Don't mind!" The captain spoke, his tone a little shaky.

"We couldn't do anything about that one," (m/n) took over, getting the teams attention, "and I know that that serve seemed a little impossible to get but... Yuu-chin--"

"I've got your backs!" Nishinoya declared, pointing to himself, "I'll handle the battle on the grounds so you guys can take flight and fight in the air!"

(m/n) smiled and ruffled Nishinoya's hair, "that's right! So let's not have one serve get to us! Remember, he's human too," (m/n) grinned, "let's win this game in straight sets! Karasuno...!"

"Fight!!"

Daichi chuckled as the team their moods turned a full one-eighty with a few simple, yet encouraging, words from (m/n) and Nishinoya. The blackette gave (m/n) a hard slap on the back, his smile simply saying, "thanks".

"He really is an interesting person..." Oikawa chuckled.

(m/n) took a deep breath as he bounced the ball once, resting his forehead against the ball as he closed his eyes. The cheers of the audience had completely disappeared, his heart rate had receded to its normal pace and his body fumed with warmth. He opened his eyes, a completely different atmosphere surrounding him as he tossed the ball up.