• seventeen •

Feel free to critique my writing! I'm open to ways where/how I can improve my writing!

(H/c) - hair colour
(E/c) - eye colour
(S/c) - skin colour
(R/n) - random name

_____

• seventeen •

• seventeen •

“Come here dear!”

“Yes, come join your mother and father!”

--

“What are you doing?”

“Don’t bother joining us…”

--

“Try harder, even I could achieve better when I was your age.”

“What is this bullshit? You expect me to feed you when you’re like this?!”

--

“Don’t you want to take your child with you?”

“What child? He’s nothing but a failure.”

--

“A failure like him, is no son of my mine.”

_____

There are two types of people in this world… achievers and failures.

You either got lucky or unlucky.

You won or you lost.

I never really cared at first because I understood none of that. I was just a toddler. All I knew that I was treated like I was their world. I was treated with kindness and fairness, disciplined softly whenever I did wrong. I felt loved and I had no worries whatsoever… but in the end that was nothing but a façade.

Was it because I was born in a wealthy family? Was it because I had gone to a private school that taught you more difficult things, expecting students to exceed their expectations? I don’t know.

Expectations grew.

Discipline got harsher.

They got worse.

The kindness and fairness were all gone right before my very eyes.

People made fun of me.

No one helped me.

All the ones that had once helped me… left me.

“A failure is a failure and those who fail will gain nothing and lose everything.”

That motto stuck to me like glue. I don’t remember the amount of times I had repeated that in my head throughout the countless sleepless nights. I just remember the pain I went through. All the loneliness and pain. It was like a recuring nightmare that I wanted to forget about so badly.