• twenty-one •

A/N: Sorry for the delay everyone! I've been rlly busy and I've got exams coming up so updates may be slow ;-;
I'll try and update as frequently as I can, but I'm sure they'll still be quite slow.

Feel free to critique my writing! I'm open to ways where/how I can improve my writing!

(H/c) - hair colour
(E/c) - eye colour
(S/c) - skin colour
(R/n) - random name

_____

• twenty-one •

• twenty-one •

“Daichi...?” Tanaka let out as he looked down at the captain that had been knocked out from their sudden collision.

(m/n) quickly rushed onto the court and light shook Daichi, “Dai-chin!” He exclaimed with worry settling into the pit of his stomach. Daichi groaned and slowly opened his eyes much to (m/n)’s relief. “Are you okay? Where are we right now and which team are we playing?” He asked.

Daichi clutched his head, the pain and throbbing showing no signs of decreasing, he looked up at (m/n), “I-I’m fine… we’re at Sendai City gymnasium… a-against Wakunan,” he answered, “I’m fine! It was just a collision!”

(m/n) helped Daichi up and turned to the coach and Takeda, “blood!” Kiyoko exclaimed as she held a tissue to his lip as began letting out blood.

Daichi grabbed the tissue and covered it, suddenly spitting out a tooth.

“A-A tooth?!” (m/n), Yamaguchi and Hinata exclaimed, shuddering at the small tooth in Daichi’s hand.

“I’ll take him to the—”

“Wait Kiyo-chin! I can take him!” (m/n) volunteered, abruptly interrupting the blackette mid-sentence.

“Wait, but we need to substitute you?” Asahi exclaimed but the slightly shorter male merely smiled and shook his head.

“I’ve had my turn, besides… they have their own sense of pride, I can’t just hog it all, you know?” (m/n) grinned and escorted Daichi to the infirmary, leaving the rest of the team in confusion. Meanwhile, Ennoshita couldn’t help but smile as he walked onto the court.

I won’t let you down, (m/n)! Ennoshita thought.

“Oi! Nishinoya where are you going?” Tanaka called out to the libero who was attempting to sneak away from the game, catching the undivided attention of the team.

“Uh… the bathroom…??” Nishinoya answered, sweating bullets.

“Yes, and Hinata doesn’t have bowel issues,” Ennoshita smiled threateningly, making Nishinoya jump and Hinata confused at the sudden mention of his name in their conversation, “now get back on the court! And Tanaka!”

“Y-Yes sir…!” Tanaka yelped.

“Stop blaming yourself! It was an accident! Asahi-san if you would please!” Ennoshita bowed as he moved to the side for Asahi to take his spotlight.

“Daichi will be alright, he’s a tough guy so in other words… we’re so glad that you didn’t get hurt Tanaka!” Asahi stiffly stated. Ennoshita stood beside the taller male, nodding his head vigorously at the third-year’s statement.

“Alright, now off you go! On the court, come on!” Ennoshita ushered the baffled buzz-cut male, with the other’s welcoming and reassuring Ennoshita and Tanaka.

Sugawara smiled at his kouhai’s work at settling the team down. He sure can maintain them well! I wonder how (m/n) is doing? Sugawara thought but pushed the thought to the back of his mind, deciding to let the two be.