• eighteen •

Feel free to critique my writing! I'm open to ways where/how I can improve my writing!

(H/c) - hair colour
(E/c) - eye colour
(S/c) - skin colour
(R/n) - random name

_____

• eighteen •

• eighteen •

“Kageyama! Give me the ball!”
The thunderous and demanding voice from (m/n) made Kageyama flinch. The raven head turned his head meeting the almost desperate (m/n) as he jumped, awaiting his toss. Two blockers already moving towards him. Kageyama felt fear entrance his body. Should I pass to him? My instincts are screaming at me to pass to him… but… he’s perfect to be a decoy! Kageyama thought and quickly tossed it over to Hinata who easily scored.

“Uh-oh.” Rintarou smirked.

(m/n) let out a low growl as he turned his back to the net, ignoring Rintarou’s comment. The team cheered, praising Hinata all except for (m/n). They could all tell that something was wrong. The aura around (m/n) had completely changed, and it was terrifying. The (brunet, albino, ginger etc) turned to face Kageyama.

“When I tell you to pass then pass, that’s an order.” (m/n) ordered, his (e/c) eyes staring right into the setters soul.

Kageyama flinched and watched (m/n) walk back to his position.
For once, Kageyama was afraid, very afraid. The King was afraid of the beast before him. It was like a whole another entity had taken over (m/n) to the point that the rest of the team couldn’t even comprehend the fact that it was still (m/n).

“Something’s wrong…” Sugawara said as he eyed (m/n) go in for an attack with Kageyama setting to him again, “(m/n) … isn’t himself.”

Ennoshita looked at (m/n) seeing the desperation in his eyes and the frustration plastered all over his face.

“Yeah… he looks almost desperate.” Ennoshita stated.
Sugawara slowly nodded his head, “yeah but at the same time… it’s like he’s playing all by himself. He’s just commanding the team, even Daichi is obeying him.” He added.

“Looks like (m/n) is really racking up the points! For someone who is quite new to the sport, he sure is efficient in attacking, setting, blocking, and receiving, isn’t he?” Nishinoya asked, unaware of the situation.

Sugawara frowned and watched as (m/n) scored yet another point for the team, taking them to fifteen points with Jouzenji behind by five. This isn’t going well… if (m/n) keeps going on like this… he thought.

“Looks like we’re in a bit of a pinch…” Terushima sighed but then a wide grin replaced his long face, “let’s turn up the fun!”

The team cheered making (m/n) click his tongue as he walked up to the end line to serve. He bounced the ball once and pressed his forehead against the ball, his eyes closed as he took a deep breath.
Rintarou flinched and gestured for his teammates to take a step back.

(m/n) opened his eyes and tossed the ball up nice and high, he ran a few steps towards the end line and jumped. His arm circulated as the palm connected with the ball. It was perfect. The ball soared to the other side of the court, grazing Rintarou’s arm as it landed on the ground with a loud “boom.” The ball flew up to the second floor of the seats surprising all the people sitting in the area.

“Holy shit! He hit it so hard it went all the way up here…?” A player asked as he caught the ball.

“Who the hell is this guy? He’s just scoring left and right! He’s so damn cool!” A stranger exclaimed.

(m/n) looked over to Rintarou who simply grinned and mouthed, “don’t lose it or they’ll leave.” A growl erupted from (m/n)’s throat as he gritted his teeth and clenched his fists.

I won’t let this bastard ruin everything! I will achieve! I’ll do it all! (m/n) thought going back for another serve.

Karasuno didn’t cheer, as soon as (m/n) had scored the no-touch ace they just retreated back to their respected positions. (m/n) bounced the ball once and Rintarou once more, gestured for his teammates to take a step back and had their libero take an extra step back.
(m/n) gave another intense jump serve, this time Rintarou managed to get it up however it made him roll back as the ball flew up uncontrollably. Tsuchiyu ran after the ball and managed to save it.

“Nobuyoshi, get the last!” Tsuchiyu yelled.

Nobuyoshi jumped and spiked the ball over with Hinata unable to receive it. (m/n) flinched and glared at Hinata making the ginger head flinch and hide behind Tanaka’s back who couldn’t even look at (m/n) in the eyes.

“Get it next time!” (m/n) barked.

“Nice serve Terushima!”

Terushima managed to get his jump serve over with Daichi getting the ball up. Kageyama stood under the ball and jumped.
“Let’s tighten up our defence on (f/n)!” Katsumichi yelled as Kazuma, and Nobuyoshi joined him. (m/n) released another spike, aiming for a across, that is until Nobuyoshi’s hands moved due to him crashing onto Kazuma, completely shutting down (m/n)’s spike.

(m/n) landed and watched his blocked spike fall.

Impossible… I got blocked…? (m/n) thought and he could feel his anger rising. Heavy breaths escaped his lips, his body reminding him of the exhaustion. (m/n)’s knees buckled as many thoughts raced through his mind. It was painful and loud. His head throbbed and everything and everyone sounded much louder.
His body shook uncontrollably and at that moment Sugawara left the sidelines, rushing over to (m/n).

The rest of the team were hesitant to approach the two, as they watched Tsukishima approach the referee asking for a timeout. (m/n) collapsed to his knees but Sugawara caught him and carried him with (m/n) clinging onto him like a koala clinging onto a gum tree. Tsukishima then rushed over Sugawara who mouthed a simple, “thanks.”

“Take care of him.” Tsukishima merely said before walking over to Ukai to explain the situation to him as Sugawara slipped out of the courts and to a place much more secluded and quite.

“Azumane, you’ll play.” Ukai said and looked at the rest of the team, seeing their grim faces. “Oi! Why are you lot looking so depressed! This is no time to be depressed, remember your purpose, don’t be too concerned with (m/n), he’ll be okay.”

Daichi frowned as he looked down. I couldn’t even utter a word to them… Daichi thought. (m/n) had controlled them and everyone on the team was afraid but they were more concerned about the (h/c) haired teen. They all noticed the change in their mood, and they grew more concerned after each point he scored.

“Listen everyone, I know you’re all worried about (m/n) … but let’s put that aside for now and focus on the task at hand. When we’ve won this match, let’s all be right there for (m/n), surprise him with this win!” Takeda suggested with a bright smile.

Daichi sighed and spoke up, “yeah! Let’s repay the kindness (m/n)’s given us by winning and being there for him!”

“Osu!”

“Wait! Suga-San is already comforting him!” Tanaka exclaimed.

“Ah!! He took our chance! Well, I won’t let up the second chance and be the second person to be there for him!” Nishinoya exclaimed.

“No, I will!!”

“I’ll comfort him for the second time!” Hinata yelled.

“Pfft—please Hinata, I was the very first person to comfort him.” Tsukishima smirked earning surprised expressions from the group.

Hinata and Kageyama looked at Tsukishima asked with a blunt expression on their face, “you know how to comfort people…?”

“No fair! How come you got to be the first!” Kinoshita asked.

“I’m just lucky, you know?” Tsukishima shrugged and walked on to the court as the whistle that signalled the end of the timeout. “Now let’s win this game for (m/n) why don’t we?”

Th entire team cheered loudly as they marched onto the court with determined expressions. The team members of Jouzenji looked over to Karasuno and Rintarou clicked his tongue, having overheard their discussion he could tell that the team didn’t despise (m/n) at all.

Wow, Mr. Hotshot’s actually found himself a loveable team. Rintarou smiled a little. If I tell them about (m/n)’s past… they probably won’t leave him just like Akaashi. For someone who is basically a double-edged sword on and off the court, they sure got guts to keep him.

“Karasuno sure are a weird bunch that it’s almost scary.” Rintarou said loudly as he smiled and walked back on the court leaving the rest of his teammates in confusion. I’ll fill them in so that they’re no longer in the dark about him, I wonder how he’ll act? Rintarou thought. I’m not sorry for what I had told him on that day, or all the other days I’ve yelled at him. He is controlling. He would’ve been such a nice guy if he wasn’t.

Rintarou spiked the ball which was easily received by Nishinoya.
I think everyone whose played in the same team as him can agree, the guy just needs a wake-up call. I hope this time, he changes. Rintarou raised his hand and called for a toss. (m/n) you better not let me down, you were one of my close friends when we were in middle school. You understood me more than anyone else. So don’t you dare let me down!

Rintarou hit yet another spike earning a point for their team.