Family

You had took a nap for two hours before being woken up.
It was 6 pm now and your mom had told you to get something out the car.
When you handed her what she needed she asked you a question that irked your nerves.

"Have you talked to your dad? When's the next time you're going over there?"
"Isn't he the parent? Shouldn't he attempt to talk to me for once?" You sighed and went back to your room.
Last time you went to your fathers, you returned in a depressive state.
It's always about money and child support with him.
His manipulative tactics and unfatherly ways gave you daddy issues.
Why couldn't he just be a good dad that hugs his daughter? Or compliments her?

You sat on your bed tired and sighed loudly.
"I hate him.."
You hated being compared to him. Him or your mother.

I'm my own person why do I have to be compared to those two toxic people??

You started thinking about your outfit for tomorrow when your mom called you in the living room again.
"Look what your dad posted on facebook.. He's fucking weird, you two act just alike" She laughed.
"I don't care.." You grimaced.
"You know I love you right? I take care of you unlike him. Don't ever try to say I don't treat you right because I do"
"Right.." You sighed.
Your head throbbed.

They make me want to kill myself.. what a burden

"Y/n I don't feel good, cook dinner"
"There's nothing to cook!"
"Look in the freezer"
"There's nothing but a cold pizza! I'm not hungry anyways, I'm tired and ready for school tomorrow.."
"You need to clean that room" She ignored and you went to your bed.

You laid on your back thinking.

It's fine.. this is normal
This is a normal family right? Yep, I'm overreacting this is how family's are.

You went to sleep but tossed and turned all night. You had nightmares of being trapped in a room, unable to get out.

...

You woke up the next morning and took a shower. You sat in place for a while just staring into space.
You brushed your teeth and did your hair. You put on your light green uniform skirt with your white button up. You threw the matching green blazer over it and put on your jewelry.
You looked in the mirror proud of getting up in time, which you never do.
"Maybe today will be good.."

Your mom and her boyfriend were already arguing in the morning which gave you a headache.
She was going to be driving you to school but all she does is complain whole time.
You got in the car and she started yelling.
"You're so lazy and pathetic, why can't you be more like that bestfriend of yours? You do nothing around the house"
"What are you talking about now?" You rolled your eyes. "You don't even have a job and you tell me to do everything"
"Don't get an attitude with me little girl"
"You're taking your anger out on me because of your boyfriend!"
"Shut up! No one asked you anything"
"Why can't you ever just talk to me!" You raised your voice and she looked at you angrily.
"Shut the hell up, I'm only with his fucking ass to support you"
"I didn't ask for that burden! I'm just trying to go to school peacefully"

She punched you in the arm and chest.
"Shut up bitch! All I do is for you"
Tears streamed down your face.
"You're crazy!"
"Oh you bitch.. I'll show you crazy"
You hopped out the car and ran crying.

I just wanted to wake up and go to school normally.
I just want a functional family.
Am I overthinking?? Maybe that's normal.. I just want to eat breakfast like a normal family.
I just want to be loved and wanted..
Why doesn't my dad want me? Why does my mom treat me this way?

You ran and unconsciously led yourself to the rose trail.
You looked up.
A tall boy in a dark navy blue uniform was leaning against a tree smoking a cigarette. He had bandages on his wrists. He didn't seem to notice you. His uniform had a gold trim which looked way fancier than yours. His black, undercutted hair hung in his face.
He leaned his head back and looked at the sky before exhaling the smoke.

"Why are you crying?"
"Mire.."
You ran to him and hugged him.
He didn't return the hug, just puffed the cigarette.
"I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry Mire" You cried into his chest.
He threw the cigarette on the ground and tilted your chin up.
"Why are you crying darling?"
Your heart fluttered when he called you that. You couldn't even respond and all the emotions came pouring out. He hugged you to his chest and didn't say a word as you cried.

"Mire I'm sorry.."
"What am I suppose to do with that apology?" His cold voice made your heart drop. "Why should I even comfort you right now?"
"M-Mire?" Your voice shook.
"Get off of me" He threw you too the side leaving you stunned on the ground. "Why should I even give you the time of day??" He spat angrily.
"W-What am I.." You said quietly.

What am I supposed to do now? I have nothing..

The tears kept streaming down your face.

"I'm sorry darling.. I shouldn't have teased you just then" He picked you up bridal style and kissed your forehead. "Let's skip school today.. We need a break today okay Y/n?"
"Mire why do you forgive me?"
"Because I love you sweetheart, now can you tell me why you were crying?"

Mire! <3