Sympathy

"Because I love you sweetheart, now can you tell me why you were crying?"

His voice was gentle but you doubt his thoughts were. Your hands were laid on his chest as he carried you.
"I don't want to say.."
He chuckled, "That's fine.. I'll find out either way~"
Suddenly he put you back on your feet and pushed you against a tree.
"Listen to me Y/n!"
You gulped.
"You don't need to appease anyone! You don't need to feel sympathetic or need everyone to like you! That's because I like you! Darling.. don't do things for others, do it for yourself."

You were confused. They were words you needed to hear but why now?

Mire sighed, "Y/n.. what I'm trying to say is if you ever need to take out your anger on something.. you can take it out on me!"
His grin became crazed again.
"If you need to cry, cry in my arms. I'll fix the problem okay? I want to be the reason you laugh and smile.."
"You're a hopeless romantic.." You giggled.
"I also wanna be the reason you're begging for more~"
"Get away from me" You pushed him laughing, "You're so horny"
"Only for you" He laughed and his uniform sleeve came up revealing his bandaged wounds on his wrists.

"Are those wounds from.. the cuffs?" Your heart sank guilty.
"Stop that face now, what did I say? You don't need to be sympathetic or it'll get used against you" He rolled his eyes. "What if I used that sympathy to make you do something you don't wanna do?"
You sighed. "You're right.."
"You're so sweet and soft that you'd just do it to make me happy and feel less guilty. I love that about you but I don't want to see you get used.." Mire pushed your hair back.
"Okay! Okay I get it! Stop lecturing me"
"Come on let's go back to the house"
"But school.. my mom she's gonna.."

Mire stopped.
"Your mental health is more important than school. Parents aren't suppose to make their children cry" Mire gritted his teeth. "I hate both your parents"
You looked down at your feet.
"Me too.." You exhaled under your breath.
"Y/n" He grabbed your shoulder and your head shot up at him. "Just give the word and I'll do it"
You tilted your head confused.
"I'll do anything to keep you happy.. anything for you to look at me with pure love.."

"No! You can't kill them!" You yelled.
His eyes grew dark.
"I'll do anything.. even if you don't want it, I know what's best for you" He picked you up again and started  walking back to his house.
"Mire.."
He was silent all the way until you got back. He sat you on the bed and stood above you.

"Y/n.." He began to laugh and stopped himself. "Ah sorry.. Listen, I'm not the same guy from before" He leaned lower. "When you locked me up and left I felt something snap you know?"
You nodded.
"Good girl.. Just know I'm not gonna be as lenient and nice okay doll? I'll never let anyone else get the pleasure of you being theirs" He scoffed and you stood up.

"Mire shut up!"
You hugged him and he stood shocked.
"Just shut up! You're making no sense.. you're confusing me" You laid him on the bed with you while still in a hug.
"Just shut up.. you're the only one.. you're the only one who truly loves me" Your voice almost cracked.
"Darling.. I'm all you need.." He gripped his hands into your sides tighter.
"Just shut up"
"Okay..~"

...

You and Mire fell asleep together in each other's arms. When you woke up it was still bright out. Your school uniform was crooked and so was his. He sat up and looked at you dazed. His confused look turned into a smile when he realized you were beside him.

"Sleep well beautiful~?"
"Yea I needed that.."
You stretched and checked the time. School would be over in a few minutes.
"Mire.. I'm scared"

You decided to confide in him. If he's your boyfriend.. you could tell you how you feel. He said he'd fix it.

"Why? What's wrong?" He stroked your cheek.
"My mom.. she's pretty crazy. I don't know what she might do since I ran off and she'll find out I haven't went to school.."
"I saw that mark on your arm when you were sleeping.." He kissed the bruise and your body felt tingly. "I know you said not to kill them, but if your parents make you cry again then I'll take matters into my own hands darling.."

You knew he wasn't joking and your stomach turned.
"Don't be scared okay? I told you already.. I'll protect you" He wrapped his arms around you and kissed your cheek. "You know.. I'm so happy you're opening up to me" He smiled letting out his warm breathe on your ear.
"Just shut up.."
"I don't think I will this time~" He hummed. His hands trailed towards your uniform skirt.
"U-Um I think I should head back now" You blushed.
"Alright" He stood up, "But I'm coming with you"