Surprise

You and Mire started walking back to your house. You were sweating but Mire assured you nothing would happen.

After the 30 minute walk, your house came into view with police cars surrounding it. You looked at Mire and his face was disgusted. You came to your front door and Mire was no longer beside you.

Where did he go?

Before you could even knock on the door, 2 police officers came over to you yelling with your mom.

"She skipped school! She is a delinquent and disobedient. I don't know what I'm gonna do with her.. She doesn't listen and she's so disrespectful" She tried to sound so innocent but you knew she was lying.
"Y/n give me your phone" Your mom demanded.
"Why?" The aggravation and frustration could be heard in your voice.

Your blood boiled and you backed away panicked when one of the police officers came closer.
"Give me your phone"
"W-What why? I didn't do anything" You almost started crying.
He grabbed your arm tightly and pulled you down to the ground.
"Get off me!" You yelled and he took the phone.
He went back over to your mother and the other officer began asking you questions.

"What's your name kid?"
"What school do you go too?"
"What grade are you in, how old are you?"

Just shut up.. Just shut up

You held back the tears and eventually went back in the house as your mother continued to talk to the police officers.
When you stepped through the door, you looked around to the clean house that YOU had cleaned.
You threw your bookbag on the ground, which the officer had handed you, and ran to your room slamming it.
You cried.
And cried more.
It was unfair.
She had no reason to do that, no reason at all.

After a few minutes she came in your room.
"You cleaned the house good.. you can have your phone back.." Her innocent voice almost made you snap. Acting as though she had done nothing.
"MY PHONE?! What was the reason of doing all that when you were gonna give it back? Did you tell the officer how you were screaming and yelling and hitting at me this morning?" You sobbed.
"You're overreacting.."
"I DONT WANT THE PHONE! How am I overreacting?!?! You called the police on me for cleaning the house. I HAVE A BRUISE ON MY ARM" You yelled tears pouring down your face.
"Not only do I have a bruise on my arm from the police officer but one on my chest and shoulder FROM YOU!"
"Stop this nonsense Y/n. I love you and you can't change that. I'm your mother, stop being so emotional.." She sat beside you, hugging and rubbing you.

You felt numb.
You had stopped crying but didn't wipe your tears.
Maybe you were overreacting.. maybe you were overthinking it.

This is normal.. this is what a family is like?

You let out a quiet laugh.
After a while your mom left your room and told you to clean it.
You sat there as the sun set and the moon finally rose.
Your window let in the light and you were exhausted.

"I should get some sleep.. I have school tomorrow.." You laid down with your eyes puffy. "Maybe I should change out my uniform.. but I don't feel like getting up.."
You drifted to sleep.

...

You shot up in the middle of the night.
You didn't know why until you heard something move in your closet.
You pulled your covers closer.
"Mom?" You said quietly.

No answer.

"M-Mire??" You got up hopeful.
You swung your closet open.

Nothing.

"Fucking hell.." Tears started to build up again as your throat burned.

Where is Mire?? Where the hell did he go? Did he leave me..?

You sat on the floor.
"Yea that's sounds about right.. everyone always leaves"
You looked out your window to nothing but trees. Your legs moved on their own to your bed, where you threw the covers over your face.

*Click*

This time you really shot up in your bed as you saw a figure climb through your window. You almost screamed until Mire looked up at you.
You saw he was wiping blood off his face.
"It's me.. calm down"
His voice soothed your ears as you ran over to him, jumping in his arms.
"Where were you?!" You cried.
"Busy.. Come on I'll show you" Mire took your hand and led you out the window.

"Mire I'll get in trouble if I'm caught.."
"Oh don't worry darling.." He turned to you with a creepy smile and insane eyes. "That won't be happening again~"
You gulped and followed him.

He led you back to his house and down to the basement.
There and only there did you see the same police officers tied up in chairs with their mouths covered.
Mire handed you a bat.
"Surprise~"