MMS 1

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Marrying Mr. Scrooge

"The Daughter"

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

"JOE, why don't we visit my sister, nieces and nephews in San Joaquin this coming Christmas?" Via asked her husband lightly, who was busy eating.

"Why?" He asked after swallowing the chewed piece of meat and drinking water.

"What do you mean why?" She lowered the spoon that was halfway to her mouth on the plate and looked her husband straight in the eye. "What kind of question is that, Joe?" She added, brows furrowed and scrunched.

"Via, your niece was just here on Thanksgiving, and now you want to see her again?" Joe laughingly said. Via was appalled. She can't believe the words that came out of her husband's mouth.

In the nearly twenty-five years that they have been together as a married couple, only now, it seems like Joe has a lot of questions. It seems like he doesn't want to be with her family lately, and all he wanted was work, work, work and more work.

Joseph was orphaned at a young age before they met at work. They looked at each other, talked for hours, liked each other, flirted like no other, then they got married.

Although they were not blessed with a child, Joe and Via were happy. He was kind to his sister's children, especially to her niece Leila.

"You used to be in a hurry to see my family but now... you seemed don't want to. What happened?" She commented sourly. She felt like she wanted to fold him like a shirt and packed him but she just sighed instead.

"Love, who doesn't want to see and be with them. You know you are my only family, especially Leila. " Said Joe, matter of factly. Via noticed her husband's sadness but since she was a bit upset, she somehow pushed it aside.

"Then why don't you want us to spend Christmas there, instead of them spending Christmas here with us, just to be different." She voiced. "They spent Thanksgiving here already." She added on.

The truth is she's kind of tired of seeing herself in their house all the time. She is also tired of the job where she and her husband have been employed for almost thirty years. She wants to see a different place, maybe go on vacation for two weeks or a month.

"It's not like that, Vi. There's just a lot to do at work, you know that. And traveling right now can't be squeezed in, willy-nilly. It will take us about four hours to drive there and back, so that's 8 wasteful hours. Worse, it will take us longer on the road if we get stuck in that pesky traffic." Joe calmly reasoned out. He picked up the glass of water and ook a large swig before pulling a shoulder-slouching, deep sigh.

Via clearly knew that Joe had a point. She also thought of that, too while she was trying to persuade... well, while she was complaining. Because of how far her hometown is and the travels were always longer than it supposed to, traffic and all, when they go home.

She can't just NOT come home to visit her sister and her parents' house where her sister and her sister's family now live, on Christmas. That is just wrong! She thought.

"So what now. Joe?" She asked, smirked bitterly, totally annoyed. "We used to do that almost every three months, and now we can't? Why is that?" She's a bit angry now.