MMS 6

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Marrying Mr. Scrooge

"Transferred"

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

A FEW days ago, Leila got a call from Edgar. He told her that there will be somebody calling her, and will inquire about the said internship.

"Are you sure the call will be for me and not for Britni or the ?" She aside.

"I am sure." He answered. But she was not convinced so she asked again.

"Edgar, should they be calling the university instead of me? Why? I am just the intern?" She asked. It was not right for them to call her unless it is to schedule an interview with her. "Are they calling for an interview?" She asked again, this time she was a little more excited.

"Gaga!" Edgar snarled at her on the phone. "She will call you to ask you for your schedule! They probably called the uni." She was not able to find a word after that.

As she hung up the phone, she fell into a long silence. Thinking why they would be calling her this fast. It hasn't been 48 hours since she turned in all the shelter's information about the university and the facility here. Britni hasn't called her.

"Hey, Leila. I'm back!" Libby announces, as if on cue. She needed that to get out of the trance she was in. Libby just got back from her last class.

In two weeks, they will be done with all their classes as they are approaching the end of the fall semester. After this? That's it. No more classes, no more staying up late at night for reviews, term papers, thesis, and whatever it is that their professors tortured them for.

Every single teacher of that university somehow saw a target on every student's forehead and she felt like every one of the profs was enjoying it. But of course, they are just doing their jobs.

"Huh? Oh, nothing." She said, acting nonchalantly. She got up from the couch and went to the kitchen, straight to the fridge.

"What's wrong? Who was that?" She saw the concern in Libby's demeanor.

"Oh, it was Edgar." She replied trying not to stutter since there was nothing really bad about the call, she was just being an overthinker.

"Okay. What did he say?" Libby followed her to get a little bottle of yogurt drink.

"Is it about that place?" Libby asked behind her. She slowly spun around to face her friend.

"Yup." She answered with a nod.

"The women's shelter in the next town by yours?" She nodded again, drinking the little bottle of Yakult. "If it is, why are you so gloomy then? Aren't you supposed to be happy?" Libby sat on one of the high stools at their dining table.

"Well... I am. It just feels weird at what Edgar said." She replied, sitting across Libby on the dining table, which by the way, is their favorite hang-out place in the apartment. "Where's Vanna?" She asked. as the two left together this morning.

"She said she'll stay out a little longer." Libby gave a facial expression. She knows what she meant by it. She smiled at Libby's reply.

"She stayed? Why?" She asked, grinning ear to ear. "Hey! Is his crush at work right now?" Libby giggled. They are too close to each other that one knows what the others are trying to say or up to.