MMS 19

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Marrying Mr. Scrooge

"Farewell, Scrooge"

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

"ALLEN Keith Porter!" Julia's voice echoed through the living room of the Malinog Mansion where he went straight from Sto. Domingo.

"Hi, Mom." Greeting his Mom with a hug after he dropped his whole body on the soft, extra large sofa. Everyone, his mom, sister, and brother-in-law was just staring at him, waiting for an explanation... If there is one, everyone hopes.

"Where have you been, Bunso?" Noreen asked, looking very worried and pale. She looks like she never had a sleep, and it worried him.

"Are you sick, Ate?" He asks, sitting up straight and about to stand up when Trevor, his brother-in-law, spoke up.

"She has been missing a lot of sleep since you went MIA." Trevor dryly commented. Allen felt a twinge of guilt. "Where have you been, Allen? You got us all worried." He added. Allen sank in the sofa and hung his head down. He is so embarrassed to make his family worry about him... AGAIN.

"You could have called one of us, you know." Noreen sat next to him and hit him on the shoulder a little hard. It did hurt him, but he knows whatever Noreen did just right now couldn't be compared to what his family is feeling all those days that he was gone.

"I'm sorry," He said, looking down. He knows that the agony that his pregnant sister and mother felt at this moment, a simple "sorry" wasn't enough. For now, that's all he could say.

"How could you do this, Glenn?!" His mother blurted out, teary-eyed and sobbing. He felt a tight squeeze in his heart.

It dawned on him, how could he be so selfish? How could he be this immature and thoughtless? It is a little too late for him to go back and undo what he has done.

"I'm sorry, Mom." He muttered as he stood up to give his mother a sincere apology. He hugged her tight, crying and sobbing like a little kid. "It's all my fault, Mom. I was such a thoughtless jerk." For the first time in many years, he was harboring this pain in his heart, it was like a dam's floodgate that burst wide open. He wailed like a hungry infant for his mother's milk.

He had held all the pain that he felt over the years from the time he was arrested for things he didn't do, accused, put to stand and persecuted by the same people whom he thought will protect him, like his father, brother, and his good-for-nothing ex-girlfriend. He could not help but feel sorry for himself.

He can not stop the tears from flowing. It looks like it has a mind of its own. It does whatever it wants to do and there is nothing he could do to stop it. He cried. He whimpered. He bawled. He also mumbled words that even he could not understand. He is completely a mess.

His shirt, front and back is wet. His sweat, tears and snot are mixed in as he is letting it all out. This time is different. His mother, his sister and now, his brother-in-law are all here waiting for him. They let him do just that.

"Here, bro." He heard Trevor say. He looked up and saw that Trevor was handing him a glass of water. It took Allen a while to digest what he was doing. He then took the glass-filled-water from his brother-in-law as he realized what it was for.