MMS 18

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Marrying Mr. Scrooge

"All-Points Bulletin"

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

"GOOD afternoon, Mr. Arroyo." A police officer is outside the main house, greeting the man of the house.

"Good afternoon, Det. Saldana. What a pleasure to be visited by a fine police officer." Mr. Arroyo said, greeting the officer between gritted teeth.

"I was driving around the area when I got an APB about a vehicle which match the one parked next to the guest house." Everyone in town knew he have a guest house. Mr. Arroyo glanced at the guest house and smiled. He knew, one way or another, his visitor has to go back.

Mr. Arroyo, a retired teacher, chuckled, shook his head look the Detective in the eye. He knew for a fact that Saldana was likely making up a story. Who knows? But he will not contest it. He is a cop, after all, and he was just doing his job. 

"Are you looking for Allen Porter?" Mr. Arroyo ask, Det. Saldana smiled crookedly and looked at the old teacher suspiciously when Mr. Arroyo mentioned his name. "You're right, that is his vehicle." The retired teacher added.

Det. Saldana was expecting to hear a denial but heard a straight answer from him. Allen shook his head and smiled at how blunt and honest Mr. Arroyo is, so he decided to come out.

"Is there any problem, Mr. Arroyo?" He asked the homeowner. "Officer?" The detective looked up to see him, one brow raised. Allen smiled inwardly.

"Mr. Porter. Fancy seeing you here." He heard the man in uniform say. Acting so jolly when he knows the face says the opposite but he nodded anyway to acknowledge the visiting officer.

"Fancy? I wouldn't say it's the same with me." He respectfully replied with a hint of arrogance. "What can I do for you?" He asked.

"Are you okay, Mr. Porter?" Det. Saldana asked, looking him intently in the eyes. He just continued smiling.

"Yes, Detective, I am fine. Everything is fine." He replied, staring at Det. Saldana in the eyes as well.

He continue to smile. He knows what the detective is trying to get at. He's trying to see if there are any signs of being threatened to speak truthfully. As if... He thought.

"Are you sure?" The detective asked again. His smiles became a bitter smirk. This time he is annoyed.

"Yes, Detective, I am sure." He may be irritated but replied calmly, nonetheless. He stood tall with an easy smile in front of the detective.

"Did you know people are looking for you?" He was slightly taken back at what Det. Saldana said. Brows furrowed, he turned to Mr. Arroyo. Mr. Arroyo shrugged his shoulder and smiled back.

"I told you, bro. People will be looking for you." Deon showed up from behind him. "You should've called them." Det. Saldana took a step back to see the whole picture.