MMS 21

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Marrying Mr. Scrooge

"Marrying Mr. Scrooge"

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

THAT night, before dinner, Allen's heart was nowhere near calm. Business dealings and difficult investors and board of directors are different compared to who he was about to face and what he was about to do and say. This is way too far from what he was used to.

"Mr. Bautista. Mrs. Bautista." Allen took a deep breath, trying to calm his erratic heart beat, before saying another word. Not only did he feel his chest thumping so ridiculously hard he felt his throat was way too constricted. "I know this is all so sudden for you... and for everyone here." He took another deep breath. He is so nervous, he doesn't know what to think and what say next.

Allen has been the CEO for a while now and he has been in front of many people, some of them are big CEOs, too and some are very critical managers, COOs, growling investors and you think he is well versed to face the crowd, but tonight is different. He is facing the most respectable man he had ever met in his life, Leila's father. He cleared his throat once more.

"Sir, Ma'am, you may think this is just a prank, a joke or maybe on a whim. The truth is..." There he goes again. His nerves were so out of place, he was shaking to the point of feeling numb all over his body. Gosh! How can this be? His mind is about to explode.

Everyone's eyes were all on him, from Fred Bautista, the head of the family, to Leila's siblings, to Edgar, who decided to be there and be supportive, to Libby and Ivanna, her bestfriends, to Lia Bautista, the mother and no words coming out from them. He swallowed so many times to clear his drying throat over and over again, he lost count already. He was so choked up but still trying to keep his composure and almost failing, tremendously.

He knows that one mistake can make or break him, in this situation, he will definitely break it. In his mind, he could not afford to break this or lose this moment. This moment is what builds his future. He doesn't mind failing or losing contracts and dealings, but he'll be damned if he loses this or he will lose his mind.

Tonight is really hard for him. He'd rather be in front of people with strong judging eyes, like it was back then where everyone that stares at him or lays eyes on him judged him by what and how the story came out to be.

They believe the tabloids, TV news and other's opinions before knowing the facts straight and make their own assumptions of him. The hasn't laid the sentence on him yet but he felt like he was a step away from the lethal chamber to be executed. That right there was a far better feeling than it is right now.

"What... What I was trying to say is that my intentions are true, legit and pure. I had fallen in love with your daughter the first time I laid my eyes on her, I just don't want to admit it at that time and that is why I was the way I was with her." Everyone was quietly listening to him.

"Call it ignorance or better yet, arrogance, but I couldn't get myself to admit it then after everything..." He paused. He felt more awkward and uncomfortable realizing what he was about to say.

Again, he cleared his throat before uttering words that don't belong in this conversation. How many times am I going to clear my throat? He thought. Wherever the lump in his throat comes from is irritating the heck out of him.