MMS 13

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Marrying Mr. Scrooge

"Folders"

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

"WHAT?!" Lia's voice echoed on the four walls of the kitchen.

He sat up straight. For the second time in his life he felt afraid. The first one being in a rehab with different people who are going through some detoxification and some are violent.

"Lia. Will you relax? You are scaring the boy." Fred gently pulled his wife to sit down.

"He can fall in love and that is normal, but not with our Leila!" He swallowed the huge imaginary lump in his throat.

"Why?" Joe chimed in, brows furrowed, leaning his back on the chair, looking defensive for him.

"Ate Lia is right. Why Leila?" He butted in, shutting up everyone in front of him. "I should go back to the pool house." He got up and was about to leave when Lia spoke up.

"Why so fast, Allen Porter? Are you trying to avoid talking to me about my daughter?"

Allen cringed seeing Lia getting so upset in his thoughts. He remembers her almost lunging at her. It was really scary. I've never seen a woman so ang... ry. He stopped for a bit and looked back in the past few hours and days of his life.

Yes, he never did, because he hasn't seen his mothers anger before Leila's mother. So, he is technically right about this matter.

A face of two angry looking women flashed across his mind, in vivid colors. Maybe kind and endearing women can get mad for the right reasons but could still remain loving and gentle. Take his Mom for example.

Julia Porter is the most loving, kind, sweet and thoughtful woman he has ever known. Well... aside from his sister, of course. And he had never seen her so angry like she did yesterday morning at the office. Then there's Lia, Leila's mom.

He was in those thoughts when his phone rang. He picked it up, it was his mom.

"Hello, mom." He greeted her with enthusiasm, he always does.

"Hi, sweetie." He cringed at how his mom whenever she calls him 'sweetie'.

"Mom. Will you please stop calling me that? I am not Ate Noreen, you know." He demanded then laughed.

"Oh, be quiet." Julia snarled gently. How could his mom do that? How could she be mad and gentle at the same time? He shook his head and smiled at the thought.

"What's up, mom?" He asked, changing the topic.

"I can't sleep. I'm sorry to call way too early in the morning." His mom sweetly apologized, he smiled. His mom always, always this to all of them, including the rough and wild mannered Albert.

"It's okay, Mom. I can't sleep either." He replied. It was the truth, he could not sleep.

"What's going on? Are you still thinking of what happened yesterday at the office?" He kind of is but not really. He took a deep breath and he heard a high pitched gasp on the other side of the line. He got worried.

"What is it, mom? Are you okay?" He asked, panicking.

"What is it, son?" Julia asked, disregarding his question.