MMS 22

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Marrying Mr. Scrooge

"Let's Get Married"

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

FOLLOWING morning at the facility, everyone was busy and was out and about doing their own thing. Deliveries are coming in; food supplies for the kitchen and pantry, office supplies, miscellaneous and everything the facility needs and more.

Maine was busy, too, keeping an eye on things as Kakai was busy somewhere in that facility. Allen is there, too, with Deon next to him. Maine told him agreed that while he is here, Deon will be his assistant/driver and everything else. He laughed at it as he agreed reluactantly.

"Are you and Deon okay now?" Maine asked, he turns to his left to see a nonchalant look on her face.

She was calm and staring straight at the delivery truck backing up on the delivery bay. He chuckled.

"What's so funny?" She asked, turning to him with her hand on her hip, her one brow raised which turned his chuckles into a hearty laugh.

"If I didn't know you any better, I would say that you are scary." He laughed more at her comment.

"Whatevee, Allen. Could you just at least pretend that I am?" She uttered, somewhat stuttering. He couldn't help himself but laugh harder.

"Okay. I will." He whispered but still chuckling.

"You seem happy." She commented, smiling at him with ease.

He look around and took a deep, hearty breath, filled his lungs with Sto. Domingo morning air and released it slowly. Immersing his whole being with calmness and joy.

"Happy is an understatement, Ate." Maine turned to stare at him intently.

"Ye, I can tell it's more than that. Your face is bright and you look more debonair, not like how you used to, gloomy, angry, dark and always ready to pounce and kill." Maine bumps his shoulder with hers. He chuckled again. "It's hard to control it, right." Maine is referring to his unyielding smile, chuckles and small laughs.

"I couldn't hide it. I am more than happy, I'm having a hard time explaining it. I just can't." He replied without glancing at her. "Is this how you felt before with Kuya Alden?" Maine took a deep breath. Like him, she inhaled the morning breeze of Sto. Domingo spring and calmly exhaled.

"It was different in a way it's almost the same." She smiled and nudged him. "And still is." She winked at him.

"How did he propose to you, anyway?" He asked. Feeling a little bit stupid thinking of how he did his proposal to Leila the first time.

Last night was different, he was so happy and he slept well knowing that he was able to correct his mistake and get what his heart was aiming for.

"Well, he went on one knee in front of a few elders here in town and said, 'Maine Mendoza, my beautiful instant girlfriend whom I just met a few hours ago.'" She paused and giggled. "'Will you marry me, Stranger? Please?'" Maine giggled more after saying the line. She's so giddy, her face turned a shade of an heirloom tomato red. He laughed.

"Wow! INSTANT? How long have you two known each other?" He was so curious about her story ever since his mother repeatedly narrates the story.

"Oh, not long." She replied. He saw he blushed and looked giddy.