MMS 11

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍
Marrying Mr. Scrooge
"Bear"
🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

CHRISTMAS was over. Everyone is back to normal and where they were supposed to be except for Leila, Ivanna, Libby and Kehlani, so is Allen.

He is back to where he needs to be, Los Angeles City and he is dreading it. Now that he had experienced Christmas with Joe's family he hates to go back. In his mind, he can be anywhere he wants to be BUT the office where he always sees Albert's and his Father's face. They become the constant reminder of how he is now. His face frowned and scowled like a kid.

He gets to the office around 9:30 am and prepares himself for the day's battle. He felt very tired not only because he left at four in the morning from Sto. Domingo but also because of everything that is happening in his life.

As he got on the road, he felt dismay, regret, emptiness, name it, he was feeling it all. He left with a heavy heart not having the chance to speak to Leila again. He wasn't able to clear his intentions towards her.

He remembered that he had asked Leila's parents for permission in front of Joe and Via, who was caught off-guard and were very surprised. He didn't get any clear response from them, and he clearly understands why, but he took it as all right.

Leila's father was quiet the whole time and has this stoic expression. Her Mom was very quiet, too and was just staring at him, blankly. Joe was somewhat alright but became guarded and Via... Well, let's just say, a few unwanted words from the dictionary were uttered that day.

He doesn't blame them for reacting the way they did since it was all of a sudden and he admitted that it was his fault, he sprung to them like it was dinner invitation for a business proposal. Leila and him, they didn't know each other. They were nothing but enemies, let alone date. He also knows that she hated his guts.

He stayed in his car for another ten minutes after parking and turning off the engine. He leaned back and felt the real tiredness. He hadn't done any relaxation since he took over the company, from the daily scrutiny of his father, from Albert's daily presence in the office to annoy, not only him, but the female staff as well.

The ten minutes became more than half an hour, he finally dragged himself out of his car and was greeted by the waiting guard.

"Good morning, Mr. Potter." Greeted the middle-aged guard. "Glad to see you again, Sir." He added, smiling. He smiled back, weakly.

He got to his floor and heard the commotion up ahead. He wasn't going to pay attention to it but curiosity got the best of him. He got closer, then he heard his Dad's voice very loud, it was echoing, almost reverberating in the walls of their floor. He didn't know what was going on,he quickly but carefully walked past three other employees to get closer to where the voice was coming from and was very surprised to see it all.

"Mom?!" He said in a very surprised voice, standing frozen.

"Oh good, you're here." Julia Porter is standing in front of a very angry, red in the face, hot smoke coming out of nostril, Windsor Porter, smiling at him sweetly "Come here, hon." His Mom called, lovingly and still carrying that sweetest smile. He inches closer trying to be cautious.

"What's going on?" He asked, eyes on his father, trying to mirror his father's angry stare. Behind Windsor is Albert with a jerk smug on his face, as always.

"Oh, nothing, honey." His mother's cheerful reply. "I am just telling everyone including the few of the board of directors who had been a puppy for your father in the past years, that from now on, to leave the running of the company to you and Noreen. And if HE," Julia pointed with her well-trimmed, well-manicured pointer finger at Windsor. "Or if they do not like it, I will take them to court. They will lose all their shares, their jobs and their lives and they can all go to hell with Windsor and Albert, I don't give a hoot. Isn't that a wonderful idea, Glenn?" His name is Allen Keith but Glenn is Julia's endearment for him.