MMS 10

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Marrying Mr. Scrooge

"Geek"

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

"YOU captivated me." "Will you marry me?"

"You captivated me." "Will you marry me?"

Those were the words loudly echoing in her head. It was like Allen was right in front of her screaming those phrases at her.

"Will you marry me?" Allen seriously whispered. She knew that and she felt it, too.

"Marrying Mr. Scrooge?" She whispered back. The exact words in her mind that came out of her mouth and there should be more if not only Maine and Kakai came in the room carrying a job contract for her. It was like on cue, Allen stood up without another and left the room.

"What's up with him?" Kakai voiced out but she did not reply. She focused on the folder Maine handed her. She put all her effort on what Maine was explaining to her in terms of her job description, company policies, rules and regulations, time off, etc. The rest will be handled by HR.

It is half past noon time and she is very awake. She can not concentrate no matter what she does. It seemed like her concentration had flown the coop.

She remembered what Kakai had told her earlier. "This facility has a knack for bringing people together when they least expect it." She cringes at the thought. She got up and went across the street to that little liquor store. She needs something to chew on like beef jerky, if not, something to suck on like those little Dum Dums.

She sat on the empty bench outside the store and peel off one lollipop. What she doesn't understand is, why all of a sudden Allen Porter starts acting like an enamored Pepé Le Pew, who seems so lovestruck rather than a bitter, cold-hearted miser Ebenezer Scrooge? She doesn't like it... not at all.

"Leila?" She looks up to see who's calling.

"Mr. Arroyo." She stood up to greet her high school chemistry teacher.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, looking around. "This palace is a little far away from your house." He added.

"I just came to get dumdums." She lifted a couple more lollipops that she was holding.

"All the way here? For a few dumdums?" She smiled. She knows what Mr. Arroyo was trying to get at.

"Nah. I work there now." She pointed at the big warehouse across the street. Mr. Arroyo smiled.

"You're working with Maine and Kakai?" He asked, amused and somewhat horrified. "It is wonderful to work with Maine, my son works there, too, but Kakai? I am not sure." She laughed as Mr. Arroyo laughed.

"Deon works here, too?" She asked, her eyes sparkling at the thought that she will be working with Deon.

"Yup. It's been a year now. I don't know what that boy sees in this place. He was just wasting his time and energy on people that don't care about themselves anyway." She almost reacted to what he said but controlled herself.