MMS 8

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Marrying Mr. Scrooge

"Stalker"

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

"WHO'S that girl?" Allen asked Britni. He saw the ear to ear smile from her, his brow arched.

"The girl you were talking to is Leila Rose, our intern. She was my best intern here." Britni said, sounding sad. He looked at her and saw the sadness in her eyes. "And those three are her friends. They were the best." She added.

"Were?" He asked, wondering about the use of the past tense verb in her sentences. Then he saw sadness in Britni's eyes. "Why are you sad? I haven't blocklisted her yet." Britni's head turned so quickly towards him. If he was not standing firmly on the ground, he might have taken a step back and fallen.

"Sir, you may be the new CEO of the company that had mothered this organization, and I don't care what they call you and you might fire me after what I say to you but you can not blocklist Leila. She is or was our top fundraiser here! She and her friends could rally up people and make things happen! We haven't asked Mrs. Potter for funding because we have been blessed with so many care packages for Daddy's Girl because of her and her three friends!'' Since he started talking to Britni, this is the first time he heard her say too many words and was very angry.

"She's that good?" He asked. Still looking at the closed entrance like Leila is still there.

"Yes. I don't want to let her go but I have to. I can't stop her. Today is her last day. So even if blocklist her from here, she's not coming back anyway." With that said, Britni left him in silence. He wasn't able to put his one cent in.

He fell into a deep thought. Thinking of what Britni had said, he remembered the three ago report that he received. It shows a big turn in of donations and sponsorships. He was thinking that those are just a made up report. He followed Britni to the office.

"Do you have any proof of that?" He asked. Britni smiled.

"I'm glad you asked." She said, handing him four stacks of folders. He stared at Britni and looked at the folders, he shook his head.

"You are prepared." He unknowingly mumbled.

"Oh, no. That wasn't me." Britni replied. "I would love to take the credit but it is not right." She expressed honestly. He furrowed his brow, turning his head to the direction of the office door.

"Yes. She did that." Britni replied to his unasked question.

"May I have this?" he asked. Britni smiled and nodded.

"I just want it back sometimes after the new year." Britni said. He turned to her wondering why without asking. "I need it for donors and sponsors tax purposes." He nodded.

This young lady he had spoken to earlier seems to be familiar to him. He can not just put his finger to it, that's why he came to her to ask her but did not have the chance. She's too strong headed for him... he likes that.

"I need those books as soon as Mrs. Ventura gets them back. I don't want anybody to know what I came here for, especially Albert. I don't want him to know I am interested in that book." He saw Britni staring at him and smiled.