MMS 5

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Marrying Mr. Scrooge

"Internship "

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

LEILA is taking her time doing things in the apartment, like tidying everything that she brought from home. She plans to clean afterwards. She doesn't need to be anywhere today since her internship schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and some Saturday, only if the shelter needs extra hands.

She plans to clean the apartment as much as possible since there's not much to do anyway. Her housemates and she cleaned it before they left. They even flushed the toilet after turning off the toilet tank valve so water marks around the toilet bowl.

Before they left, they turned off everything that may charge them extra except for their solar powered living room and porch lights. Both of those lights are controlled by a timer. Ivanna's brother, Neil, is an electrical engineering major and Libby's sister, Natty, is a programmer, they set it up for them.

"Hi, Lei." She spun around as she was startled by the voice of her housemate, Ivanna Ling, walking in carrying something and looking so stressed.

"Hello, Van. You're back. How's the family thanksgiving?" She gleefully asked. Ivanna slammed herself on the couch.

Leila's brow arched and was raised high, she's sensing that the Ling's Thanksgiving get together did not go well as planned.

"Talk to me." She urges Ivanna, as she sits down, Indian style on a single sofa across Ivanna.

"I don't want to talk about it, Lei. It's too painful and too stressful." Ivanna rolled her eyes dramatically. She laughed at how dramatic Ivanna sounded.

"Oh. Really?" She asked, feeling disappointed and sad.

"Are you cooking?" Ivanna asked, turning her head to the direction of the kitchen. Leila smiled as Ivanna dodged the question.

"Yup. And you are not having any of those till you tell me everything." Ivanna turned to her with an utter shock on her face. She giggled as her threat worked.

"I hate you." Ivanna mumbled which made her laugh hard.

"Well, it won't be like that if you just tell me. What did Chris do?" Referring to Ivanna's other brother.

Leila knows how mischievous Ivanna's brother could be. And If Ivanna is like this, it is definitely Chris who was the culprit.

"Well, for starters, Neil was already annoyed because the girl that he was supposed to bring bailed out on him. Then to add salt on Neil's injury... it was a mess. Neil stayed at my Uncle Tang's next door the rest of the day and the following day." Ivanna started.

"What happened?" Leila asked.

"Missy came home and was rushing straight to the kitchen. Without any other words, she blurted out that Chris was shacking up this girl Neil was courting." She sat up straight and stared at Ivanna.