MMS 12

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Marrying Mr. Scrooge

"Leila Rose"

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

IT was a long and exhausting night for Leila. She wasn't able to sleep because her friends won't stop talking, prodding, asking and more talking from the coffee shop to the house to dinner to bed. She got to the point where she got up and took a roll of duct tape to shut her friends up.

She finally felt relaxed and relieved when her Mom came to her room and told them "lights out". Since they all have work tomorrow, even Kehlani, who is now working as an assistant and the best part of it is she is getting paid through the school as a summer assistant for her Mom. They all obliged.

Leila was tossing and turning last night in bed. She could not sleep, thinking of what was said, and all of sudden he was gone. Allen made her think of things that she never thought would be presented to her in that way or manner.

To think, it was not a bad proposal, not at all. It was a marriage proposal for God's sake. Who wouldn't want one of those? Like she told her friends earlier, it was not a bad proposal, IF they are in love, but they are not. It was a proposal that she never expected to hear this early on in her life. She's still young and technically, she hasn't graduated from college yet, and worse, she doesn't even have a boyfriend.

Leila was about to fall asleep when her phone rang. She looked over to her side's night stand to see who would be calling at this wee hour of the night... It's three in the morning.

She almost jumped out of her skin when she saw Allen's name. When did I save his number? She thought. She picked up her phone from her night stand before he left and punched in his own number.

She got up, took the phone with her, and left the room as quiet as she possibly could. She wouldn't want to wake any of her friends and be bombarded with questions again. She doesn't want to entertain any of it.

Hold on." She said without giving Allen the chance to speak as she answered the call before the ringing ended.

She carefully came down stairs, trying not to make any sound. She went straight to the window, opened it and sat on the base pane as her back rested on the side pane. Her phone rang again.

"Hello." She said quietly. Letting Allen know that she can freely talk now.

"H-hi." Leila couldn't think of what to say when she heard the stuttering voice of Allen. "S-sorry to wake you up." The more she doesn't know how to respond to this man. His voice is getting into her.

Ever since he had known or met this man, he has been the arrogant, jerk, no manners, insensitive man, Ebenezer Scrooge has nothing compared to him. Right now, she hears tenderness, longing, and gentleness. What happened?

"It's okay. I can't sleep anyway." She honestly replied. She doesn't know why but she feels like telling him how she actually feels at the moment. Which is what, Leila?

"Why? Are you okay?" His worried voice echoed in her ear. She closed her eyes tight, trying to control the new emotions rising up from - she doesn't know where.

"N-no. I-I'm okay." She stuttered as well. "I-I just can't sleep." She quickly added. Again, trying to sound normal.

She's trying to control so many things that she's not used to, she's sweating. Why? She can't understand what is going on with Allen OR her. Why, all of a sudden, like this? What happened?