MMS 14

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Marrying Mr. Scrooge

"Deon"

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

SHE went inside and was amazed by how big the stockroom is. It has everything the facility needs. They have it all, from office supplies, kitchen and lounge area supplies, items for emergency care packages, which if someone will ask her is more than enough to use on a daily basis.

Ever since she worked here, she never remembered a time where anyone in this facility hunted or waited for supplies for hours or worse, days. They always find what they need and have it when they need it, like today.

She was in awe at how Dir. Maine Richards makes sure that it is well stocked and well organized. It is all labeled for easy finding.

Every shelf has an index card inserted in small plastic sleeves safely taped or stapled below the product with its name and quantity box with a number written on it.

She was very amazed that each index card has a column where anyone can write down how much was taken against the actual count or original amount. It was the best stockroom she had ever seen so far.

What's more amazing is that every post has a small cup nailed or maybe screwed on it with a few pencils resting in it.

This is way better than the one in Davis or anywhere I've seen. She giggled at her silent comment.

After her admiration at the things in front of her, she went and got what she needed, wrote how many she had taken on the index card right below it and returned the pencil in the cup.

Clasping the folders on her left arm she is now heading towards the door. As she opened it, she was greeted by a familiar figure. She almost jumped out of her skin as she was not expecting to see him here... well, in front of her.

"Hi, beautiful?" He was smiling from ear to ear. Scary.

"H-hi, D-deon." She greeted back, stuttering, clasping the folders closer to her chest with both arms. "W-what are you d-doing here? Y-you shouldn't be here." This man just showed up inches away from her. "I mean... here, here not here." She was waving her arms like a music conductor trying to correct her words pointing to the area where Deon shouldn't be. She was really taken by surprise and it scared her.

Deon is an activities assistant. At this hour, he was supposed to be with the young boys in the backyard playing soccer. He was not supposed to leave them by themselves or leave them unattended, unless... unless they were already done.

Deon was her schoolmate from kindergarten through high school. He's a good kid as far as she could remember. He's smart, jolly, liked by everyone, especially the girls... most girls.

Deon was the most popular kid on the campus. He's on every sport all throughout high school, was always on varsity, and was always in honor rolls.

He was also in Air Force JROTC, a school tutor/mentor, a big brother and big sister club, in a school paper and yearbook, in FFA, in drama club, and in glee club. He has the most soothing voice on the campus everyone has ever heard.

He was also the president of the class since freshman year and always an SB member. He was a very active kid. That's all she knows and remembers, because after they all left high school, she never heard anything about him and right now, he's scaring her.