MMS 17

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Marrying Mr. Scrooge

"The Scrooge is Gone"

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

LEILA heard something from almost everyone in the facility as soon as she walked in. "Mr. Porter is missing." "Have you heard what happened to Mr. Porter?" Oh my God! Where is he? Those were few of what she's hearing around.

At first, she wasn't sure which Mr. Porter everyone was talking about. Then she heard someone say, "Are you talking about Sir Allen?" Her heart thumped so hard at what she was hearing as soon as found out it was Allen who was missing.

Then she heard one ask, "Is he okay?" Then another employee said, "Are you sure he is missing? For all we know, he may just be hiding." She got a little worried and scared. She gets a little annoyed, too.

Upon hearing all those ear crashing exchanges of words, she did not waste any time. As soon as she passed those people, she rushed to the second split floor of this big warehouse looking facility to the director's office.

"Ate Maine, is it true?!" She frantically asked. There sat Maine and Kakai, discussing some serious matters. Both women were caught off guard and startled. Leila was in a panic, of course. She doesn't care about anything right now as she slang the door opened, almost breaking it, SWAT style.

"Leila Rose!" Kakai called her out with that ear -shattering-banshee-like voice. "What are you doing barging in like that?" She asked.

"Kakai!" Maine glared at Kakai in an attempt to stop her friend from yelling at Leila more.

"S-sorry po." Leila apologizes, bowing her head, trying to hide her embarrassment. She knows she was wrong.

"It's okay, Lei. Sit down." Maine motioned her to an empty chair next to Kakai.

"Ate Maine, is it true?" She asked, this time, a little more calm. Maine and Kakai glanced at each other and nodded at the same time.

"True, what?" Maine played it off. Maybe to lessen her worry but it did not work. It made her more anxious, worried and nervous.

"Ate Maine, please, what happened?" She doesn't really care about what Maine was trying to make her feel at the moment because she's more worried seeing the exchange glances from the two ladies.

At first it was okay that she's not receiving anything from him but after hearing the story that is going around. She's not the type to listen to 'he said, she said' but this is different. Allen usually texts her at night or at noon just to say hi or ask her if she had eaten.

But now it is different. It has been a week and Leila hasn't heard anything from Allen. It was a relief at first since he's not pestering her until it wasn't. The last time he texted her was when he said he's coming to see her the following day, which is a Monday, to see how things are going with the fundraising, he didn't show up.

"Well, he texted a week ago, he was supposed to be here to see the spring fundraiser but he did not show up." It was the same thing that Allen told her. "I thought maybe there was an emergency at the office, a meeting or something that he went to that's why he hasn't been here. I also thought that he would just call after, but..." Maine took a deep breath. She waited for what she was going to say but none. She stares at Maine's eyes to see the emotions, but like her, she too, is confused. She held both of her hands on her chest in seeing the look on Maine's eyes.