MMS 2

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Marrying Mr. Scrooge

"Truth"

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

"MA, can I just stay in Davis this Christmas?" Leila asked calmly while washing the dishes, trying not to raise her mother's blood pressure. They just finished eating dinner.

"And why is that? What is so special about staying there? Do you have a boyfriend for you to stay there? Is that why you wanted to stay in Davis, huh, Leila Rose?!" Lia raised her voice and an eyebrow at Leila as she wiped the placemats. Leila giggled at her Mom's million questions.

"Oh, you're too funny, Ma." She replied, still giggling. "Boyfriend? Where did that even come from?" She then added.

"Then tell me why?" Her mother countered. She giggled more.

"I just want to finish the few days left in my internship, Ma. That's all." Her mother stopped what she was doing and faced her.

"Hey, Leila Rose, maybe you're hiding a secret from me and your Papa. Maybe you are just making that up as an excuse to see him more! And if you do, I will beat your buns up, child!" Lia said loudly, she started laughing at her mother's dramatic dialogue.

"Ma! What are you talking about? When did I keep secrets from you and Papa? Why would I hide someone from you when there is no 'someone'?" She said air quoting and still laughing. She's having a hard time wiping her hand on the apron she was wearing.

"You're right. You are not Maya." Lia softly growled, which made her laugh even more. She hugged her mother from the side and kissed her on the temple.

"Ma, I will never hide anything from you and Papa. If I can't say things to you and Papa, I will make sure that Tita Vi and Tito Joe will know it. That's a promise." She lovingly said, reassuring her mother as she continuously hugged her.

She doesn't have any plans on hiding things from her Auntie and Uncle let alone her parents... never. Her older siblings had done enough of that and she will not add to it.

"Thank you for being so sensitive with us." Her mother emotionally said.

"You are most certainly welcome, Ma. Always." She gave her mother another kiss on the side of her forehead and hugged her tighter. "And that is not being sensitive towards you and Papa. 'Tis my duty as your child, Ma." She laughed more. She can't see herself lying to them.

"I know. But I still feel like you are pulling my legs." Her mom suddenly changed her tone from being irritated to somewhat sounding hurt.

"Mom, I'm not joking, I'm serious. Can I stay in Davis?" Leila, attempting to go back to their first conversation.

"Nope. You're not allowed. We have a visitor coming this Christmas. " It was her mother's simple answer, raising an eyebrow at her. It only means one thing.