MMS 4

⚠️ UNEDITED ⚠️

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Marrying Mr. Scrooge

"Late Night"

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

"WHAT a day!" Edgar blurted out as soon as they got to her apartment.

"Chivalry is dead, Edgarda. I tell you, chivalry is dead!" She countered as she sat on the couch referring to the encounter they had at a truck stop a few hours ago.

"You'restill at that?" Edgar said, laughing. "But I guess you're right." Edgar finally agreed.

"Whatever, Edgarda. I am hungry." She said brows raised as she gets up.

"What do you have in mind?" Edgar asked, getting up from the other side of the couch.

"Kimchi fried rice." She replied quickly.

"What about Kathmandu Kitchen for some lamb?" Edgar asked. She turned around to him and examined if he was serious or what.

"I'm not in the mood for lamb chops." She said grimacing.

"Okay. Open Rice Kitchen it is." She smiled cheekily, turned around to hit the door. Edgar is right behind her.

AT the Open Rice Kitchen, they ordered what they wanted and were seated at the very far end by the window bar where they could see everyone that was coming in and out and even the passers by.

"I am so tired, I didn't even drive." She said as she sat down in one of the chairs and set the guest buzzer on the table.

"What do you plan to do tomorrow?" Edgar asked as they waited for their food to be brought to them.

"Well, I need to get a hold of my internship supervisor to explain to her that I have to go home before Christmas or I won't hear the end of my father's lamentation." She lazily uttered. Edgar laughed.

"Lamentation? Exxagz lang beh?" Edgar pointed out the word she said.

"So?" She retorted, mad-eyeing Edgar. "He is, he was and he always is. Papa is the number one drama king in the house, next to your soon to be husband." Edgar could help it but laughed more, almost hysterical.

"That's true. I have witnessed that since we were kids." He agreed. They both laughed.

"Oh, before I forget, could you do me a favor?" She then said, cutting their laughter.

"What is it?" Edgar asked.

"I want to see if you could talk to that lady in the women's shelter for me." She wasn't sure if Edgar knows the person in charge but she knows Edgar will find a way. He always does.

"Not on a personal level but I kind of." He replied. She smiled. "What do you plan to do?" Edgar asked with his brow raised. The smile never left her lips. She knows that Edgar knows her too well.

"If things worked out the way I planned it, I could still finish my internship before the year ends." She explained. Edgar nodded.

"I will try tomorrow and let you know right away." They both got startled when the guest buzzer vibrated on the table and giggled at the same time.

Edgar stood up to get their order, she was left on the table. She moved the salt and pepper shakers to the other side of the table together with the napkin holder.